I need a new/refurbished battery pack

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 05:43 AM
Enthusiast
Default I need a new/refurbished battery pack

I need a new or refurbished hybrid battery pack for a 2005 Ford Escape, anyone know of anyone selling them? I've looked at the Dorman site and they want over $3,000 for a replacement battery pack. I really don't want to spend that much money if I can help it. I've also looked at EBay and searched the internet for one, nothing. I don't want to purchase a used one, too afraid I'd be buying someone else's problems.

I would also consider refurbishing mine myself (replaced the cooling fans myself) if someone could point me to instructions and where to buy the necessary parts.

Anyone?

R/
Prescott ....

Old 05-01-2015, 09:08 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I need a new/refurbished battery pack

If you think you need a new traction battery, buy it from a Ford dealer. It seems like you don't really think you need a new battery though.

If you're considering doing some sort of "refurbishing" yourself, you'd be doing extremely well to accomplish an end result as good as a genuine, but used, Ford battery. I'm uncertain about the differences between the batteries of different years, but there aren't very many different batteries. I'd do the homework to find what years you're compatible with, and find one with fairly low miles, and you'd be best to find it in its original vehicle, or at the yard that is parting that whole vehicle, and will guarantee that it's functional and not critically damaged. You'll see the price difference between new and used. You pay for what you get.

Old 05-01-2015, 10:23 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Seems to me there are instructions on YouTube for doing this sort of work.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:46 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hcbflash
If you think you need a new traction battery, buy it from a Ford dealer. It seems like you don't really think you need a new battery though.

If you're considering doing some sort of "refurbishing" yourself, you'd be doing extremely well to accomplish an end result as good as a genuine, but used, Ford battery. I'm uncertain about the differences between the batteries of different years, but there aren't very many different batteries. I'd do the homework to find what years you're compatible with, and find one with fairly low miles, and you'd be best to find it in its original vehicle, or at the yard that is parting that whole vehicle, and will guarantee that it's functional and not critically damaged. You'll see the price difference between new and used. You pay for what you get.
You obviously haven't priced the battery through Ford.

OP: If you want a new/reman HVTB, that Dorman unit is your cheapest alternative.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:13 PM
Active Enthusiast

There's a place by me that sells refurbished ones for about 1K incl installation IIRC. Here is their website:

http://www.besthybridbatteries.com/