Keypad entry?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 07:21 PM
Enthusiast
Default Keypad entry?

I have a new 2008 FEH and the dealership says I cannot get a keypad on the outside. Does anyone know anything about this?

Old 06-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Keypad entry?

I got an add-on keypad from my dealer and it has worked fine for 2 1/2 years.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:30 PM
Technology Enthusiast

I have one on mine also. It is treated by the car as another key-fob remote. It sticks on the door and the only install is to program the remote into the system. It is a self contained unit just peel and stick.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I too was dissapointed in this lacking feature

I just ordered one on ebay, hope it works. The list only shows up to 2006 Escapes. But the guy was nice when I asked if he knew if it would work, and said he's pretty sure, but if it doesn't he'd allow me to return it

So we'll see, next week hopefully!

Old 06-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

I don't see why not, it's essentially just another transmitter. I've got one on mine and use it regularly.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Radioactive Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
I just ordered one on ebay, hope it works. The list only shows up to 2006 Escapes. But the guy was nice when I asked if he knew if it would work, and said he's pretty sure, but if it doesn't he'd allow me to return it
Bryan, can you post the link to the ebay auction for the keypad? I would very much like to find a keypad for my 08 FEH, and the dealer is sending mixed signals about whether they can install one there or not.

Thanks!

Old 06-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alyssa_mcd
I have a new 2008 FEH and the dealership says I cannot get a keypad on the outside. Does anyone know anything about this?
It works fine on the 2007. I have the side bars for the roof rack (are those standard?), and I mounted it on the black riser that holds the side-bar that runs from the front to the back. Out of the road (but easily accessable), kinda out of sight (since it is just a stick-on, it could easily be stolen if in plain sight) and not so gaudy as sticking it to the door (it is pretty thick)

Old 06-16-2007, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by AMB4
Bryan, can you post the link to the ebay auction for the keypad? I would very much like to find a keypad for my 08 FEH, and the dealer is sending mixed signals about whether they can install one there or not.

Thanks!
You can search "Ford Keyless Keypad". The one I ordered is from citrius motors (?). But after ordering on 6-13, I got an e-mail it'll ship 6-19 . Could be the norm, could be I also ordered touch-up paint.

Old 06-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

What is the attraction to the keypads? You still need to carry a key, yes?

Old 06-18-2007, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Brady
What is the attraction to the keypads? You still need to carry a key, yes?
I wonder that too. My Mariner came with one, and I have yet to use it. I can't think of any case in my normal, day-to-day, life, where I would want to unlock the door, but never drive it.

If I ever had to use it, I would still need my keyfob to get inside, and get the keypad PIN paper out of the glove box.

Quick Reply: Keypad entry?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands