Looking for a grid charge in Atlanta area

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 04:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default Looking for a grid charge in Atlanta area

I have a ford escape hybrid battery that is showing signs of being unbalanced. I hear from Hybrid Revolt that these batteries can be Grid charged but I need some place that can do this, please help?

Old 10-22-2013, 04:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Looking for a grid charge in Atlanta area

If it's unbalanced it will re-balance itself by charging up to a really high level. Kinda hard to know if this is happening without a scangauge or similar gadget. No way to grid charge that I am aware of, but maybe there is something new? I googled Hybrid Revolt and it only lists Honda and Toyota chargers.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Enthusiast

Ok, the batteries I am finding are out of wrecked cars. One of which has been setting over a year the other has been setting for 3 to 4 months. I am really running out of options here on what to do.... Any advise of what to look for in a replacement since recharging the cells isn't an option?

Old 10-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Enthusiast

I really need help here...

Old 10-22-2013, 06:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

I don't understand, what is exactly wrong with your car? Not acting normal? If so, in what manner? Why do you think the batteries are unbalanced?

Old 10-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Enthusiast

Ok, we had to let our ford escape sit for a year with out starting it. It ran for six months till we got to Atlanta where the battery started cuasing issues that had the car going into a stop now mode. We had it tow'ed into the dealership and they said it was the battery and it was going to cost 10,000 to replace it. We don't have that kind of cash and without the battery the SUV is worthless. We then went online and found a place that had a used one that they said still worked. We bought it, went and got it to bring to the dealership. They are saying the battery control module is out on this battery. We then went on a frantic search online for some knowledge of this battery issue....and then we found Hybrid Revolt. I called them up and asked many questions, they said that the batteries (NimH versions) get unbalenced after sitting for a prolonged time. If this is true then no telling when this battery we bought had been charged last.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:37 PM
Enthusiast

They had said that it could be the cells are unbalanced and the control module could be fine.

We also have another option of going after another used battery but not use if this is a good idea or not is the question....

We currently have two packs, neither of these two work in our hybrid... We have a working battery control module in the orginal pack but they won't use the orginal packs parts....

Last edited by Arulin; 10-22-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:28 PM
Imported from Detroit

A Ni-MH battery pack that has unbalanced cells is charged 1/10 capacity for 16 hours which charges it to around 150% capacity. I have no idea how this is/could be done on FEH.

Old 10-23-2013, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Arulin
They had said that it could be the cells are unbalanced and the control module could be fine.

We also have another option of going after another used battery but not use if this is a good idea or not is the question....

We currently have two packs, neither of these two work in our hybrid... We have a working battery control module in the orginal pack but they won't use the orginal packs parts....
I find it hard to believe that the pack is bad here. Have you replaced the Power sustain relay, PCM relay or fuel injector relay? One of those was bad and caused my HVB to show needing replacement and I got a Stop Safely Now message. The relays are in the battery junction box and you can buy one for $12 and swap one at a time to find out if they are the problem.

Gary

Old 10-23-2013, 11:46 AM
Enthusiast

They are saying it the exhaust fans that have died in the original pack and the one we bought from a junk yard was the battery charge control module.

We have replaced the PCN before, the electric water pump, and now this. It too much money going out for this....for us, my family.

We don't have the time or money....mostly the money

We are going to let the bank take it. It the only course of action for someone who is without work at the time.

Last edited by Arulin; 10-23-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Looking for a grid charge in Atlanta area

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands