Looking for HV Battery cooling fan

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 05:43 PM
Enthusiast
Default Looking for HV Battery cooling fan

Anyone have their old HV Battery cooling fans still kicking around? One of mine is death, just seeing if maybe i can find another one.
I'm located in BC Canada.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:11 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Looking for HV Battery cooling fan

I might have a set somewhat soon here as I will be picking up another battery, I have never shipped anything out of the country before though outside of at a job years ago. Is only one failed? Is it just that it is throwing a code or is it actually causing you a problem with battery temperature this time of year?

Since you're up north I was wondering if you could answer my question in return. When it is cold out (below 45 degrees Fahrenheit) does your blend door remain closed all the time? I had my battery up to 100 degrees tonight on purpose by charging and discharging it rapidly and the a/c compressor never kicked on and the blend door remained closed even though the battery was hot (above the 88 degree a/c threshold). I am trying to figure out if it purposely doesn't run a/c or open the vent below a certain temperature for condensation issues, or if I have a real problem with the blend door.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:33 PM
Enthusiast

Yes i had issues with the battery getting to warm. And i know only one is death because i took the thing apart so i can see what is happening. One was running the other not. So i switched them around to.see if it was the wiring. But it is not, the same fan still works the other one doesn't.
I cant answer your question regarding the trap door. I live on the west coast and it does not get very cold here. In the 50's low 60's right now. I myself am trying to figure out how this whole thing works, when and what temperature things open or close or start to run.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

A Scangauge II is a neat little device to kinda give you a look behind the curtain at all that. I can't find the blend door operation on there, but it has state of charge, battery voltage, battery temperature, plus a whole other host of data points.

I did see a fan kit, it's on ebay and the shipping specifies United States, but maybe you could convince them otherwise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-ESCAPE-...FYK2yz&vxp=mtr