Love my new '07 FEH

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Enthusiast
Default Love my new '07 FEH

Picked up 1/19/07
Grey FWD, Premium, moonroof, no side air curtain.
Does beautifully in the snow.
Have almost 3K mi's. Have only kept fuel figures for last 1500 mi's. It's been really cold (10 degrees) here lately so economy has suffered but last 3 fills (12.5 gals) were all over 30 mpg calculated. NAV is about 1/2 mpg more than calculated. It's finally been into the 40's and 50's here lately and was even in the 70's today. Boy has mileage increased-- I have 400 mi's on this tank (76 mte) and NAV says 38.6 mpg ! ! ! ! I can't believe that I'm doing better than published city mpg, but wife has been in hospital and I've been taking back roads to visit. Work route is 30mi with 25 on the hiway. probably half of this tank is hiway. I'm learning to modulate gas pedal and stay in EV better and better.
Since I have NAV will the scangauge help me? I can see where I'd like to have the TPS reading so I'm sure I'm at max EV acceleration without starting ICE. Currently I use the charge/assist gauge. I'm a geek at heart and group buy is on--hard to pass on a deal. Any help, much appreciated.

Old 03-13-2007, 09:28 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Love my new '07 FEH

You will love this car, and GREAT MPG for being so new at it!

Use the Nav and watch the energy flow arrows.
Notice how they get thicker ( more bold ) with more power???
When in EV, you can use 3 levels of "thickness" on the arrows without the engine coming on. This is what I use all the time. I hardly look at the charge/assist needle. Most people with Nav think the needle is useless. But if you don't have nav, it helps a little.

A ScanGuage is useful in a number of ways. Getting water temperature is a big plus. You can't use EV until 140'F for example. You will enjoy having one.

Read around here, you could spend a few days at it. Then come back with very specific questions you many have. I bet 99% of your questions will be answered somewhere already on here. But we always like new faces with new ideas also.

Cheers,
-John

Old 03-16-2007, 11:14 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Welcome to the club!

Old 03-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Active Enthusiast

Welcome! I grew up in Fishers. My dad built Cottingham Estates on our farm. 131st & Allisonville Road. Many of the artifacts at Conner Prarie Farm came from our land.

Old 03-17-2007, 11:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

I've been very impressed with how the car drives on hard ice, wet ice, and loose snow. For a small light car, it tracks very nicely, and you have to work at making wheels spin. Yes, as soon as it was slick, I went to the high school parking lot on Sunday to see what I could make it do. It's quite good on it's own. Add studded tires, and you're on rails under almost any condition.

It's the first practical car I've had in a long time that made me think, "This is fun!".