Low SOC after sitting a few days

Old 09-23-2016, 05:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Low SOC after sitting a few days

I don't know...????
I have a busy weekend, so may not be able to try the switch experiment this weekend.

But it behaves normally all week long.

Next week it drops from 90's to 70's; so we'll see if outside temp has anything to do with it too.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:43 AM
Enthusiast

I've had it happen in the summer and winter. Again, this is the wife's car so I may not be hearing about all of the low SoC events, but at this point I haven't seen a correlation with the temperature...yet.

Old 09-23-2016, 09:49 AM
Enthusiast

How accessible are the high voltage cables? I'm assuming accessibility is limited for safety reasons, but if you could get to it you could put a clamp-on amp meter around one of the leads and see if there is load present. It's not something I'd recommend if you're not familiar with electricity or the dangers of working around energized HV components.

Old 09-24-2016, 01:19 PM

I don't know how easy they are to find, but I don't have one of those type meters.
I think there's a sgangauge code to see amps in/out of the battery; but that won't help when it's 'off'

But now thinking about it, if it was losing 20% in ~36hrs, it should also lose 6-7% in the 12+hrs it sits everynight right? Most mornings it starts at the exact same as when I parked it... ???

Old 09-25-2016, 11:16 AM
Enthusiast

Yeah exactly...that's what's weird. I mean if it's going down 20% in 36 hours then why does it suddenly stop?

Old 09-26-2016, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by bdginmo
Yeah exactly...that's what's weird. I mean if it's going down 20% in 36 hours then why does it suddenly stop?
OK, so shooting from memory here:
Fri night after football game, parked it with 50-53%soc about 10-11pm
Sat mid afternoon probably 3-5pm, started it in garage, still had 53%, used bt to scan it, no error codes, let it idle until it went EV. Then let it sit.
Sunday I don't think I touched it at all.
7am today, Monday, 29.4%, back to acting weird, ie no regen, no L charge, hi rpm to backup (as there's no charge on the HV batt to go in reverse)
????
I'm pretty sure my 12v is fairly new, but guess I'll check it out.... [yes new battery 5/8/16, so not even 5 months old; doesn't mean it's not bad, but unlikely)

Last edited by 08hybridok; 09-26-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-26-2016, 03:22 PM
Enthusiast

I hope someone can figure this out. I would love to know the answer also.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:13 PM
Enthusiast

Does the FEH use the HVB to charge the 12v battery?

I ask because my Fusion Energi does use the HVB to charge the 12v battery while the car is off. I doubt the FEH does this, but it's worth asking.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:15 PM
Enthusiast

I guess the good thing is that so far your SoC hasn't dropped low enough to be concerned about damage or longevity issues with the HVB right?

Old 09-29-2016, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by bdginmo
I guess the good thing is that so far your SoC hasn't dropped low enough to be concerned about damage or longevity issues with the HVB right?
I forget how the 12V gets charged, I think its a dc-dc converter.

I hope it hasn't caused any long term damage; I think I'm a little concerned because I've gone a few months of poor AC service, so I hope they didn't over heat causing damage.

I'm curious of the 2 are related, or not.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Low SOC after sitting a few days

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands