Madison WI MMH Dealers May Show You How to Really Hypermile

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Prof. of Hybridology
Default Madison WI MMH Dealers May Show You How to Really Hypermile

At Hybridfest, I was taking pictures, and the Mercury Salesperson talked to me about the vehicle. After explaining some of the hypermiling techniques, we ended up taking a test drive for me to show them in action.

I showed him all the tricks, and used the Energy center to help illustrate it as I gave my "session". We started with 30.8 MPG on the display, and a drained battery. I drove essentially in one big circle, filled the battery, and got up to 32.8 MPGs. He was practically taking notes, and afterwards, told his co-worker all about the techniques. He'll be passing them on, he assures me to anyone who buys from him. Then, in gratitude, I got all kinds of free stuff. Yay! Swag!

I've got to say, if they offered me a straight up trade for a MMH for my FEH, I may be tempted to trade. It's a nice vehicle, I must say. And I really like the arm rests. Padded material instead of that hard plastic!

Old 07-26-2006, 07:03 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Madison WI MMH Dealers May Show You How to Really Hypermile

That is cool that you got to show your techniques like that. I never even considered a MMH, but I bet they are nice on the inside. I guess I'm just a simple man, though and have always owned the value brand of car, Chevy, Ford. I guess when I get older instead I will want Cadilliac and Mercury.