Master MP3/Wiring Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Master MP3/Wiring Thread

It's been 3+ years since anybody updated this forum, but I still found the information useful in finding a solution for adding some convenience features to my newly acquired 07 MMH with factory NAV, so I thought I'd add my solution just in case somebody else was looking.

One of the requirements was that I had to keep the hybrid fuel and energy dispays on the factory NAV radio. The Parrot MKi9200 ended up being my solution of choice since it combined bluetooth, iPod, USB and AUX functionality into a single unit. You can't control anything from the factory radio, but the unit comes with a nice RF based control that can mount on the steering wheel or in a convenient dash location and it has it's own heads up display that gives you information from your phone, iPod or USB device.

The only draw back to this solution (at least for me) was that nobody makes a wiring harness to install it into my vehicle, so I had to build my own. Building the harness was no big deal, but the Ford connectors are a little difficult to find. Even with the PIA factor of getting parts to build my own harness, I ended up with a nice bluetooth and iPod solution for just under $150.

Old 08-19-2019, 08:39 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Master MP3/Wiring Thread

Originally Posted by SpudMobile
It's been 3+ years since anybody updated this forum, but I still found the information useful in finding a solution for adding some convenience features to my newly acquired 07 MMH with factory NAV, so I thought I'd add my solution just in case somebody else was looking.

One of the requirements was that I had to keep the hybrid fuel and energy dispays on the factory NAV radio. The Parrot MKi9200 ended up being my solution of choice since it combined bluetooth, iPod, USB and AUX functionality into a single unit. You can't control anything from the factory radio, but the unit comes with a nice RF based control that can mount on the steering wheel or in a convenient dash location and it has it's own heads up display that gives you information from your phone, iPod or USB device.

The only draw back to this solution (at least for me) was that nobody makes a wiring harness to install it into my vehicle, so I had to build my own. Building the harness was no big deal, but the Ford connectors are a little difficult to find. Even with the PIA factor of getting parts to build my own harness, I ended up with a nice bluetooth and iPod solution for just under $150.
I know this is old, but how did you build your own harness?