Master MP3/Wiring Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2006, 05:59 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Master MP3/Wiring Thread

Yes, I just plugged in the PIE FRDW PC-POD2,and it works fine.Thread comment in "PIE Interface for Escape"

Old 11-12-2006, 10:50 PM
Enthusiast

Ok, can someone tell me if my thinking is correct. If I'm reading everything correctly I believe this would work.

From the existing harness I connect the X3-FRDW and rather than the X3 continuing to my changer I connect it to the FRDW PC-POD2 and then to my Ipod. Then I can hook the audio out of my XM into the X3. I saw a note that using the X3 you always had to have a CD in the changer...will it see the Ipod as a changer with a CD in it? Or maybe I would have to use the original POD with a playlist that it would see as the CD?

Old 11-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

send an email asking the question to logjam....they are very helpful with this sort of thing.

techsupport@logjamelectronics.com

Old 11-20-2006, 08:48 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim K
send an email asking the question to logjam....they are very helpful with this sort of thing.

techsupport@logjamelectronics.com
Thanks Tim, just did. You posted about an hour after I ordered the FRDW PC-POD2, now I just have to see if the X3 will work un conjunction with it.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Enthusiast

I hooked up the PIE FRDW/PC-POD2. Took less than 5 minutes.
After messing with it for another 5 minutes, I couldn't figure out how to operate the playlists. I named the playlists CD1, CD2, CD3, CD4, CD5, CD6 like I read somewhere. I kept getting a message saying there was no CD.
Does anyone have any suggestions about how to make my NAV stereo recognize playlists from my Ipod?
It does play fine when I operate it from the Ipod. Hopefully I'll figure out how to operate the playlists from the NAV stereo controls.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by arthureld
I hooked up the PIE FRDW/PC-POD2. Took less than 5 minutes.
After messing with it for another 5 minutes, I couldn't figure out how to operate the playlists. I named the playlists CD1, CD2, CD3, CD4, CD5, CD6 like I read somewhere. I kept getting a message saying there was no CD.
Does anyone have any suggestions about how to make my NAV stereo recognize playlists from my Ipod?
It does play fine when I operate it from the Ipod. Hopefully I'll figure out how to operate the playlists from the NAV stereo controls.
For playlist CD1, you need to press the "1" button on your NAV radio. For CD2, press the "2" button, and so forth.

Make sure the iPod is firmly seated on the plug, and if all else fails, disconnect it and power cycle it (turn the iPod 'off' and back on) and reconnect it to the plug.

Not sure about the PC-POD2, but with the original PC-POD, no song titles or anything of that nature will display on your NAV radio's screen/display, and all iPod functionality is taken over by the NAV radio when the iPod is plugged in.

Old 11-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Enthusiast

Hello all,

We have a 2007 FEHB with the nav system and cd changer. I want to tie an ipod in, as well as some other av stuff for the road... the best option seems to be the PIE X3. Ordered from logjam, with the X3-FRDW T-Harness. A technician at PIE told me this would work on the 2007. There is a cd in the changer; however when I press the CD button on the console it tells me there is no CD (it works with this cd when the original nomal wiring is intact). None of the lights on the source selector come on, and even more strange is that the gas consumption button nor the battery/motor/engine usage button work when the patch is in place (but does work when original wiring is in place). By the way, in both configurations the cd-chagner has power.

I've tried installing the patch both at the cd-changer (pins appear to line up correctly) under the seat, and behind the head-console (where the pins don't seem to line up correctly).

This is very unusual I think. Any ideas where I can go from here? REALLY appreciate your help!

Old 11-29-2006, 06:04 AM
Enthusiast

I've been using my Ipod with the PIE FRDW/PC-POD2 wiring harness. Although I never did get the Playlists to work like CDs, I am very happy setting the Ipod to shuffle and letting it shuffle thru all my music.
For long trips, it works out very well.

Old 11-29-2006, 07:12 AM
Enthusiast

The ipod harness stuff will not be sufficient for me because I want to use other audio equipment, sat radio, tomtom, etc... the x3 is really the best choice for my situation. In the 2006, is there a gas mileage indicator and a display for battery/motor/engine function? And does it work with the harness in place, because mine does not. Thanks!

Old 11-29-2006, 09:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by omatzyo
Hello all,

We have a 2007 FEHB with the nav system and cd changer. I want to tie an ipod in, as well as some other av stuff for the road... the best option seems to be the PIE X3. Ordered from logjam, with the X3-FRDW T-Harness. A technician at PIE told me this would work on the 2007. There is a cd in the changer; however when I press the CD button on the console it tells me there is no CD (it works with this cd when the original nomal wiring is intact). None of the lights on the source selector come on, and even more strange is that the gas consumption button nor the battery/motor/engine usage button work when the patch is in place (but does work when original wiring is in place). By the way, in both configurations the cd-chagner has power.

I've tried installing the patch both at the cd-changer (pins appear to line up correctly) under the seat, and behind the head-console (where the pins don't seem to line up correctly).

This is very unusual I think. Any ideas where I can go from here? REALLY appreciate your help!

It sounds like you have unplugged the 12 pin plug at the back of the head unit. The FE information is re-sent from the CAN bus to the ACP bus by the gateway module and disconnecting the CD player at the head unit will also disconnect the gateway module.

That said, if you unplug the CD player at the 12 pin plug under the passenger seat and connect your PIE interface there, it should work fine.

Mike

Quick Reply: Master MP3/Wiring Thread

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands