Master MP3/Wiring Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Master MP3/Wiring Thread

I installed a FRDW/PC-POD2 in my '06 MMH w/factory nav radio and starting getting "CDDJ Ejecting" and "APC Bus Timeout" error messages shortly thereafter. The installation was straight forward, disconnected the cable harness from the disk changer and mated the PIE adapter cable to the harness. Ran the IPOD cable to the driver's side and plugged in the IPOD. Worked fine for a day, then started getting the timeout message. Wouldn't recognize the IPOD afterwards. The nav display would show a "No Disk" message. Disconnected everything and reconnected the CDDJ, which worked fine. Re-connected the POD2, but still no joy.

Also, when the IPOD wasn't connected, I would see a "CDDJ Ejecting" message flash on the nav display. Returning the POD2 to CarDomain for exchange and hoping the next one works.

Has anyone had a similar problem with the POD2?

Old 12-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Enthusiast

Colin

Thanks for quick reply. Going to order one since I'm tired of poor quality of FM unit. It's not bad in rural areas but there is too much interference in the city (NYC).

John

Old 12-27-2006, 12:11 PM
Enthusiast

Originally posted in wrong thread , sorry newbie!

I installed a FRDW/PC-POD2 in my '06 MMH w/factory nav radio and starting getting "CDDJ Ejecting" and "APC Bus Timeout" error messages shortly thereafter. The installation was straight forward, disconnected the cable harness from the disk changer and mated the PIE adapter cable to the harness. Ran the IPOD cable to the driver's side and plugged in the IPOD. Worked fine for a day, then started getting the timeout message. Wouldn't recognize the IPOD afterwards. The nav display would show a "No Disk" message. Disconnected everything and reconnected the CDDJ, which worked fine. Re-connected the POD2, but still no joy.

Also, when the IPOD wasn't connected, I would see a "CDDJ Ejecting" message flash on the nav display. Returning the POD2 to CarDomain for exchange and hoping the next one works.

Has anyone had a similar problem with the POD2?

Old 12-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

I saw the "CDDJ ejecting" message just this evening while playing a CD in the dash unit, but when I switched to the iPod it was working fine. I've only had mine a few days, but I'll come back here if I have any issues.

Old 12-27-2006, 05:09 PM
Active Enthusiast

Hey Turms, see my reply in your original thread. No magic answer, though.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:17 AM
Active Enthusiast

Ok, I after reading all the gazillion pages of mp3, ipod, and pie interfaces I have come up with the following.

To connect my HK Drive and Play with direct input, I will need an AUX in which does not exist on my MMH 07 Nav radio. So I have ordered the PIE x3. I am still a bit confused as there are a few threads that state that they lost the Gas and Hybrid displays because they connected it behind the radio (and by doing so bypassing the module for the hybrid info) There is another post that shows it connected at the changer, but PIE says that it is to be connected at the headunit?

So my question is, will I have the fuel display and the hybrid display if I connect under the seat, and secondly, how is that happening if pie says to connect it behind the headunit?

On a side note, anyone wanting the HK Drive and Play (Original) can get it from Ubid for $75 with the wired fm modulator, and if you use Google Checkout it takes $10 off...

So I will have spent

HK Drive and Play with FM $75 Shipped
X3 with X3-FRDW (from Cardomain) $58.91

Total $133.91

A bit more than the POD2, but with this I will have a control similar to the ipod and a separate display showing whats playing.

Still contemplating where to mount it, any ideas?

For those not familiar with the Drive + Play, here is a picture

Old 01-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Enthusiast

Do you have a CD Changer under the passenger seat?

Old 01-22-2007, 06:18 AM
Active Enthusiast

Yes, 6 disc changer under the seat...

Old 01-22-2007, 06:48 AM
Enthusiast

I would suggest you get the FRDW-03 which is the Ford harness for the X3 brain module. This allows you to conenct the X3 using the CD changer connection without losing the ability to play the CD CHanger. Then connect the H&K to the X3. It sounds great. I was using the itrip which just didn't cut it. For installation and placement, I will ntoe that I have an Escape but I think the interior is fairly similar. I left the X3 under the passenger seat and the H&K module under the driver seat. I put hte control **** between the cup holder and shifter. I ran the display wire down the driver side right below the door and around the platic by your foot and palced it on the left side of the dashboard. I left enough wire so I could put it by the odometer. Of ocurse, I am a little more parinoid since i have had various things stolen out of my car and I really don't feel like replacing another window. One thing to note, if you use the DC outlet that sits next to the AC outlet, it will not shut off when you turn off the car. I still use it and just unplug the H&K everytime. A little bit of a pain but it looks nicer. Hope this helps.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

Thats the cable I ordered with it, so that sounds good! Did you need to tap power for the X3? And as I have a MMH, we don't get the option for AC outlet in dash, but I do have a switched outlet in upper dash.

I am still thinking that I might install the FM modulator (it is coming with the HK for free) and that would give me the ability to switch between 2 inputs on the dash vs fishing around for the x3 control. (I.E. listening to podcasts on the IPOD, and then switching to XM or such.) When I would want the higher quality I could switch the X3 to the HK. the other benefit of doing that would be that I would be able to tap power, and hide all the control boxes behind the dash.

Quick Reply: Master MP3/Wiring Thread

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands