Master MP3/Wiring Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Master MP3/Wiring Thread

Newbie. I have 2007 FEH and radio with nav system and bought the PIE FRDW/PC-POD2 to connect to the 12 pin cd changer, I cannot get the Pie frdw to connect to the cord from the cd changer, my piefrdw appears to have 9 pins, is this a difficult connect or do I have a faulty pie unit?
Thanks for help

Old 06-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Enthusiast

You are trying to make this connection under the passenger seat, right? On mine (2006 FEH), I unplugged the connector that goes to the CD changer and connected PIE to it-- are you sure you're matching up correct connectors? I'm not eager to unplug my unit to count the number of pins-- but someone else here more familiar with unit will likely post soon. Let us know if you figure it out.

Old 06-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

It should have come with a short cable, like 8 or 10" long that plugs in between the changer cable and the FRDW/PC-POD2. It should be just long enough to to put the box behind the CD changer (I velcroed mine to the back of the changer) without having to undo anything but the last push-in plug holding the cable to the seat frame, or at least that's how it worked on my '05. If you're missing it, call your reseller and explain you're missing parts.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks for replies, yes I am trying to connect it under passanger seat, and yes I have "short" cord, the problem is that it won't connect--I can try to be more aggressive but afraid I am going to break pins on Frdw cord. I think it might be defective. Thanks

Old 06-29-2007, 07:37 PM
Enthusiast

I recieved new frdw pod2 interface and it works, took 5 min to install, frustrated that I had defective interface and wasted time but very happy to have my ipod working

Old 07-12-2007, 07:51 AM
Enthusiast

Hi everybody!
I have a Creative Vision M. Will PIE FRDW/PC-POD2 work?
Anybody have any solutions for this?

Old 07-15-2007, 05:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I doubt it. I think the xxxPOD interfaces are only for iPods. Since the connection is proprietary for Apple, other mfg's use their own connections. There are no interfaces that will allow you to control another mp3 player. You can buy other interfaces that allow you to playback the audio over your factory radio but that's about it. I have the X3 and the appropriate interface for my Ford radio. That allows me to switch between my Sirius tuner, my Sandisk Sansa and a third audio input. If you don't need inputs there are other connectors that will allow you to output any mp3 players audio to your radio.

Old 08-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Enthusiast

Will the PIE FRDW/PC-POD2 work for a 2007 FEH without the navigation system? My car does not have the 6 disc changer beneath the passenger seat, as it is located in the dash, so I'm wondering if this option will work.

Thanks and lets keep the energy revolution rolling.

Old 09-12-2007, 07:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

jcobb -- no, the PIE FRDW/PC-POD2 needs to connect to the under-seat CD changer. It cannot connect to the head unit in the dash.

Old 11-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Enthusiast

Does anyone know if you can just buy the cable for the PIE FRDW/PC-POD2?

Mine seems to have a short in it.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Master MP3/Wiring Thread

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands