Mazda Tribute?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Mazda Tribute?

I was just in the dealer's shop for service and came across the Mazda (owned by Ford) Tribute Hybrid they had in the show room there.

Although the styling of the Tribute is much different from the FEH, it seems the drive train is identical. If you took a picture of its console and covered up the logo, you would have a hard time telling the difference between in and the FEH. The Nav system seems to be the same unit. In some ways it is closer to the FEH than the Mariner, since I understand that it is available in AWD and the Mariner is not.

So should that car be added to this discussion board?

Old 12-21-2007, 02:13 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mazda Tribute?

Originally Posted by MrCrank
I was just in the dealer's shop for service and came across the Mazda (owned by Ford) Tribute Hybrid they had in the show room there.

So should that car be added to this discussion board?

There was a previous thread on the Mazda Tribute Hybrid and if I remember correctly, Mazda is only receiving something like 350 Hybrid Tributes for California only. This is due to the limited number of hybrid batteries available to Ford Motor Company via the previous thread's information. I believe the Mazda vehicle is slightly wider than the Ford Escape.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Enthusiast

I'd bet that as soon as some of them are on the road and a "constituency" is established, the moderators will expand the forum's advertised scope to include the Tribute Hybrid owners. Up to now, there hasn't been a need to so so.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:32 PM
Enthusiast

If I had an option to buy one, I'd buy the Mazda over the Ford. I know mechanically they are exactly the same, but it seems Mazda always has better styling on their Ford-shared platforms.

Old 12-21-2007, 09:10 PM
N/A

They are all the same vehicle. There are no meaningful, non-cosmetic differences. What should we call them? Escapibutiner? Escinerbute? Marinescabute? Tribunerscape?

Old 12-22-2007, 12:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

The only difference would be styling of the front and rear fascias and color choice for the interior. The dimensions should be the same, it is the same vehicle.

Did they go with Chocolate brown in the interior?

Old 12-22-2007, 08:44 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by harrynew
.. include the Tribute Hybrid owners. Up to now, there hasn't been a need to so so.
I suggest the moderators make the addition now versus later. Sure there aren't many Tribute owners out there, but the few that are will be googling up "Tribute Hybrid" and won't hit this forum the same way I did when I first googled "Escape Hybrid."

Old 12-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Actually, they probably will... just because of this thread!

( Search engines wil "hit" on thread names )

I don't know how, but google could change the name to Boggle since it boggles my mind how that SE can do all that.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:21 AM

I found this paragraph, while odly enough somehow perusing through AOL pages. There is barely any mention of the FEH/MMH in the article as well:
A more electric-use hybrid car is also being marketed at Mazda. The Mazda Tribute, a CUV, is being billed as a "hybrid electric vehicle" (or HEV) that runs on pure electric power up to about 25 mph. Set for a 2008 release, the Mazda Tribute HEV gets an estimated 33 mpg city (29 mpg highway) for its 2.3 liter, 4-cylinder, 133-hp engine.
Link to the whole article

Old 12-26-2007, 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by gpsman1

I don't know how, but google could change the name to Boggle since it boggles my mind how that SE can do all that.
Man, I agree 100%.

I am totally amazed every single time I use Google.........

~John

Quick Reply: Mazda Tribute?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands