Michelinwiper.com $10 rebate @ Wally world

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Michelinwiper.com $10 rebate @ Wally world

So I was wondering through Wally tonight, needed a spark plug from my lawn mower (didn't know there was like 6-8 different sizes!) Anyway I thought since I'm in this section I'll grab a set of blades for li'l blue as she's now 18mos old & I haven't replaced them yet. And to my suprise there's a $10 off/pair!

Go to the site listed on the sticker on the wiper package http://www.michelinwiper.com/ and it says it's valid 9/15-12/15, so I hope I get it (as today is 9/14)

We'll see.

Old 09-15-2008, 05:06 AM
Default Re: Michelinwiper.com $10 rebate @ Wally world

Thanks for the link. I'm due for wipers too!

Old 09-15-2008, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by MyPart
Thanks for the link. I'm due for wipers too!
Just bought a set at Ford and found that on my '05 FEH there two different sizes for the left and right. On my '09 they look the same at ~20". Good luck with that!

GaryG

Last edited by GaryG; 09-15-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by GaryG
Just bought a set at Ford and found that on my '05 FEH there two different sizes for the left and right. On my '09 they look the same at ~20". Good luck with that!

GaryG
The sizing book says they are 20" for the 08 ( I assume 09 as well), but only listed 2 replacements, the michelin radius and some other I forgot the name of.

Old 09-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Active Enthusiast

Windshield wiper threads don't seem to come along often so I'll take the opportunity to pass along something that seems to work for me. Every few months I clean the wiper blades with Armor All. This seems to keep them softer and prevents cracking. For cars kept in the garage, I generally change the wiper blades after 5 or 6 years and for those stored outside, after about 3 years.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by KenG
Windshield wiper threads don't seem to come along often so I'll take the opportunity to pass along something that seems to work for me. Every few months I clean the wiper blades with Armor All. This seems to keep them softer and prevents cracking. For cars kept in the garage, I generally change the wiper blades after 5 or 6 years and for those stored outside, after about 3 years.
That sounds like a good idea, but I buy "Son Of A Gun" made by STP for the inside of my vehicles. Years ago I switched from Armor All because I heard it did not protect against ultraviolet light. Has that changed?

I will say that my blades left my hands a dirty mess from the dried out rubber. Also, when I use to buy replacement assemblies, I found the after market brand did not always clip-on right and stay on as good. This is why I gave up and just buy OEM replacements now.

With all the hard rain we get here in Florida, I also use Rain-X on the exterior glass. Someone said that Rain-X also makes a good anti-fog for the inside glass. After my windshield was partly tinted, I applied a coat of the anti-fog to give it a try on the remaining glass. I sure could use a good anti-fog sometimes in the morning when I don't need the A/C.

GaryG

Old 09-15-2008, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by GaryG
With all the hard rain we get here in Florida, I also use Rain-X on the exterior glass. Someone said that Rain-X also makes a good anti-fog for the inside glass. After my windshield was partly tinted, I applied a coat of the anti-fog to give it a try on the remaining glass. I sure could use a good anti-fog sometimes in the morning when I don't need the A/C.

GaryG
I tried that on my windsheild once.... couldn't stand what it made the wipers do... chattered like the dickens when I had to use them. I still use it on side windows though.... did your blades chatter with the Rain-X? if not maybe the protectant did something for you.

Old 09-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

I've also heard that Armor All isn't perfect and that it has drawbacks. However, I've been using it for 30 years or so and never had a reason to try anything else. It seems to do what it's supposed to. I treat the interior vinyl about twice a year and 10 years later it looks like it did brand new. I guess it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks.

Old 10-21-2008, 04:57 AM

I forgot to mention I got my check in the mail all ready, like over a week ago I menat to post but forgot. I also finally installed even tho the originals seemed OK, it's time for our fall rainy season & I'd rather install early and dry than in the middle of a cold rain!

Install was pretty easy, for the dirst time ever I had to use adapters (ie not just out of the box) that took a few min to figure out how to do w/o breaking anything. After that simply squeese the tabs togather and rotate out to remove & install! They work like the originals, no noise, streaking, etc.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:58 AM
Active Enthusiast

I don't know if they are available for the FEH but put a set of PIAA Super Sporza silicone wipers on my 2005 F-350. They will not chatter EVER and they are lasting over 2 years with ZERO maintenence and left outside in the hot and sunny and smoggy SO.Cal weather. I will use these always but at this rate it will be a while before I need some more.

Quick Reply: Michelinwiper.com $10 rebate @ Wally world

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands