Month, date, year display on center display not on?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 12:29 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Month, date, year display on center display not on?

I just started to notice that the month, date, and year stopped appearing on the center display. It use to display and the clock would freeze. I thought it did that to show what time I started the car. I have had the car for 2 weeks. Is it suppose to display all the time or just when I start it up. I thought I saw it all the time.

Old 11-19-2008, 07:23 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Month, date, year display on center display not on?

It only displays when you have the radio off. When you turn the radio on it goes off. Most likely a software bug that will hopefully get corrected at some point in the future. In another forum it has been noted that Microsoft says this is not a SYNC issue but rather a Nav issue. I think it is more of a compatibility issue between the two and neither side wants to dedicate the resources to fix it since it is not mission critical.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Month, date, year display on center display not on?

On a related topic my center display just quit altogether. I don't have my FEH 08 today because the dealer had to order a replacement part.

This is the first quality problem I have had -- and this is at about 13,000 miles.