Mpg

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Enthusiast
Default Mpg

Saturday my Ford Escape 4wd was up to 36. 7 miles per gallon Now it's back down to 32 mpg. I wonder why I guess driving back roads.

Old 05-07-2008, 03:57 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Mpg

I'm assuming you are basing this on the display in the message center. If so, there are many reasons that your average mileage could have dropped that much in such a short period of time.

If you have recently reset the average economy then it will fluctuate quite a bit for the first 100 miles or so. If you used the air conditioning some. Did the weather change? Maybe your batteries got reconditioned. Did you do a couple short trips? Or maybe the 36.7 you started with was just an unusually good trip that you did and you are now just coming down to a more normal average.

Nothing to worry about unless there is a major downward change that can't be explained at all.

BTW, I get some of my best mileage on back roads.

J