MY 07 got hit!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: MY 07 got hit!

Originally Posted by Mark E Smith
I don't see how it could be an act of God. It was not a natural act. It was not secured by the owner of the truck. The truck owner is negligent.
No, not an act of God, nor a natural act, but rather falls into the "should be expected". The risk all of us take, when we decide to drive down the highway. Kind of like if a passing truck slashed mud all over your clean Escape. You can't, successfully, sue the truck for a car wash.

BTW, this doesn't mean I agree with it.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

Well his insurance is covering everything. The only thing that they gave me a hard time about was the windshield... Then they tried to have an aftermarket cheapo installed. I reminded them that it is a safety device (the windshield) and unless they could verify that it met the safety spec from the manufacturer, I would not allow it to be installed.

They relented...

Don't even get me started on the rental car. Enterprise gave me a vehicle with invalid registration. Got pulled over and the deputy was nice enough to let us park it. Enterprise actually had someone from their company tell me they can swap plates anytime they want without letting the DMV know. So, they came to pick up their car that I was not able to drive (no registration = no insurance) and we are still waiting for a vehicle. If you are in the Greensboro NC area, don't EVER rent from the Wendover location. They simply don't care.

The only good news is that my Mariner should be done today.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:46 AM
Enthusiast deluxe

I think that improperly loaded trucks are one of the worst violations on the road, and more should be done to those who commit them. Last year a good friend of mine lost two buddies in his motorcycle club (on the same freeway, within a span of two weeks) Both died when improperly secured ladders fell off of a truck on the interstate, causing them to crash. Senseless.