With my left foot on the gas pedal, I am getting 80 MPG today

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 06:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default With my left foot on the gas pedal, I am getting 80 MPG today

I made an amazing discovery today and I just have to post it. I haven't had to fill the tank yet so I can't wait to see how my MPG curve rises on my next database update. Getting back to my post, I had to work today so traffic was light. I have about 4500 miles on my FEH 07 FWD hybrid so I have been trying a lot of techniques to try and get my mileage up to the stratospheric numbers of some of the hypermilers. I keep telling myself that they must be driving downhill in the Rockies in warm weather and towing their cars back up the mountain. Anyway, since I am left handed, I wondered if the reflexes in my left foot would be faster than those in my right foot and might lead to better gas mileage. So, to make a long story short, on the way into work today, I sorta twisted in the front seat and used my left foot to drive. I reset the data center, and, you are not going to believe it, but I was getting 80 MPG on the way into work. Actually, it was 79.8 MPG but I rounded it up since it was so close. I hope that you don't quibble over that. Since there is a slight uphill grade from Detroit to Saline, I only got 77.6 MPG on the way home, but nonetheless, I am really geeked! I only hope that my gas mileage is as good on April 2 as it was today.

Old 04-01-2007, 07:54 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: With my left foot on the gas pedal, I am getting 80 MPG today

Nice try. Should have left the last sentence off.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: With my left foot on the gas pedal, I am getting 80 MPG today

Well, that is impressive. What, by the way is an FEH, oh. Ford Escape Hybrid?

How do you record your mpg in the data base - by display or calculation?

Ah HA! April Fools. Well. OK. I Bit. Tho I wondered briefly in Michigan - if you were rolling or sliding.

Last edited by centrider; 04-01-2007 at 10:33 PM. Reason: change word.