My Sync and ipod don't work for 2nd time.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default My Sync and ipod don't work for 2nd time.

My Sync will not talk to my Ipod at all, for the second time since I bought this car/baby truck.
I had the update done 9 months ago.
I pulled the fuse thinking it might reboot the thing.

Any other Ideas?
Back to the dealer 7th time in 1 1/2 years.

Mark

Old 02-05-2011, 08:02 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: My Sync and ipod don't work for 2nd time.

Reset the iPod and it should work fine. Mine does this at least once a month.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

We had Sync issues with my wife's MM, thought it was a dead mic and they replaced the Sync controller. Luckily it was still under warranty 'cause I bet that was spendy.

Only 7 times? MM transmission issues had us thinking of implementing the lemon law. Turns out the transmission oil was overfilled. It was in the shop about 3-4 days for each incident so well over a month without a vehicle before that issue was resolved. I hate that vehicle.

Old 02-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by colchiro
We had Sync issues with my wife's MM, thought it was a dead mic and they replaced the Sync controller. Luckily it was still under warranty 'cause I bet that was spendy.

Only 7 times? MM transmission issues had us thinking of implementing the lemon law. Turns out the transmission oil was overfilled. It was in the shop about 3-4 days for each incident so well over a month without a vehicle before that issue was resolved. I hate that vehicle.
It took that many visits to determine it was overfilled????

Old 02-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

One to fix a shifting problem, one to fix the leak from the first, another to fix the major leak that covered the back of the vehicle in black oil, then several to fix the recurring leak caused by overfilling. (You can only replace that dipstick so many times.) Needless to say, I'd find a leak in the same spot, every two weeks.

Tried to pair her phone today and replacing the Sync controller still didn't fix the dead mic. So needs to go back in.

Sorry, for hijacking this thread.