nav system question

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Active Enthusiast
Question nav system question for '05-'06 feh

has anyone ever bought the new discs for $ 200.00 to replace the factory ones that came with feh mines a '05 i noticed when i was at my brothers house yesterday when i left i set the nav for home when i got to the intersection it told me to go right but i went straight when i got to the end of the road i'm susposed to take a right but it told me to go left but if you do you end up at a dirt road which has got a big pile of dirt at the other end the town dept. put it there to keep people cutting through the road thru the back of there town barn it's a short cut to the highway thats the way the nav wanted me to go. when i9 sit in my driveway i nlive at house #9 it tells me i'm at #7 if anyone has bought the new discs are they fixed to show things right. i'm not sure if i want to spend the money to replace them i have a tom tom for my explorer and that thing is on the money every time.

Last edited by cowboy; 07-28-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:06 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: nav system question

I have played with both TomTom and Ford NAV. I have an 08 Escape. Let me say also that when I bought this Job1 08 Truck, it had 5P in it as the disc. Navteq had released 6P already. So I got forward to replace it within the 30 days. Now they have released 7P (6 months later), at $149.00. I am sitting on the fence post as to if I will invest the money it. Part of me is wondering how much in additional maps I will get. However, when I went from 5P-6P, I went from 'off-roading' on HWY429 around Orlando to being on the road. So there is a plus side.

Now I also owned a TomTOm GO910. With the latest updates in it and the newest software revision, I think in the end run, I wish I had not purchased the NAV system when I got the truck. However, new toy etc. The TomTom is alot more functional in my opinion.

My deicsion now come down to upgrade or not the discs. As we gave my GO910 to a friend who travels a bit and is as poor as other State employees here in Florida. I miss my 910.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Active Enthusiast
Talking Re: nav system question

i have the tom tom one 3rd edition and love it but not sure if i should buy another tom tom or buy the upgrade disc North America Map 12-CD Set Version 4V
Release Date July 2007 Disc # Multiple Discs Catalog # U0016-0030-707 my wife uses this truck for her work she will be getting her rn certificate soon and will be going from house to house with this truck i have an explorer i use the tom tom in, if i knew for sure the disc will be accurate i would by them at least the factory unit people wont steal like the tom tom i have to remember to take with me when i get out to go in a store or when i get home.