Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Nav system rebooting while driving

Originally Posted by chrizis
My had the same issue only all the time constantly, but I fixed it by
-removing the disk
-turnung the car off then on
the the Nav system asked me to update new software have know Idea where if got it from
-I click yes it updated rebotted
It has worked fine since.
I tried your suggestion, but the unit just accepted the disk...no software update prompt.

Old 07-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Enthusiast

I Was hopping it would work... mabey I pressed the right combo of buttons to make the nav unit do a reformat or reflash its memory so the the disk want inserted it reinstalled it software.. had anyone see info on a nav system reset?

Old 07-04-2007, 05:24 PM

I Was hopping it would work... mabey I pressed the right combo of buttons to make the nav unit do a reformat or reflash its memory so the the disk want inserted it reinstalled it software.. had anyone see info on a nav system reset?
Which disk did you insert..... I thought the "firmware" was only on disk 1

Old 07-05-2007, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
Which disk did you insert..... I thought the "firmware" was only on disk 1
There is a separate "Navigation System Application Disc". It overwrites the previous software, so I'm a bit leery to try it.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Active Enthusiast

What is the latest firmware version?

Old 07-18-2007, 06:17 PM
Enthusiast
Talking Re: Nav system rebooting while driving

So after my post now my system wont go into that audio setup to cange balance , fade, bass, treble. For worked on it all day, and now are ordering a new one may be I will get lucky and get a touch screen I will post the detail after the repair job..... or even just an newer map disc a lot has changed from 04 to 07

Old 07-18-2007, 08:49 PM

So after my post now my system wont go into that audio setup to cange balance , fade, bass, treble. For worked on it all day, and now are ordering a new one may be I will get lucky and get a touch screen I will post the detail after the repair job..... or even just an newer map disc a lot has changed from 04 to 07
I don't believe the 08's touch screen unit will work in an 06. Version 3V is the most current software for our system.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:18 PM

Update: My 06 just spent 9 days at the dealer in attempt to finally resolve this issue. Ford ultimately flew in a field engineer as nothing attempted worked. Three Escapes were driven along the same path of travel where my system always reboots and all did exactly the same thing. The repair order indicates that no fix is available, but that Ford is aware of the problem.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by GatorJ
Ford ultimately flew in a field engineer as nothing attempted worked. Three Escapes were driven along the same path of travel where my system always reboots and all did exactly the same thing.
Do you have the 2005 3v disks, or the new 2007 4v disks?

Did the field engineer even think of bringing the new set?

As was mentioned here, I am inclined to think that there is an occasional error in the actual data stored on the disks, and the Nav system gets so confused by it, it reboots itself as the only means it was given to recover from simply bad data. If that is true, then hopefully the 2007 disks don't have the same error; at least not in the exact same spot on the maps.

Last edited by WaltPA; 09-29-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:08 PM

I have the 2005 3v discs. I was not aware that the 2007 set had been released until I received a postcard yesterday, so I did not know to ask if the new version was tried or not and that information was not volunteered. As I understand it, the current theory is that it is an interference problem, not an issue with the discs.

Quick Reply: Nav system rebooting while driving

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands