NAV wiring question

Old 02-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default NAV wiring question

Yesterday, I removed the stock NAV unit from my 06 FEH & replaced it with an awesome double DIN Eclipse NAV/DVD/CDR/mp3/backup camera unit.

I thought I was all set with the wiring as I had a Crutchfield wiring adapter that was supposed to work with the Escape 7 speaker stereo W/factory subwoofer.

The problem is, the factory plugs on the NAV unit turned out to be totally different than the wiring adapter. I cut off the factory plugs & spliced in all the speaker leads & the power/ground etc. The setup works super except my factory subwoofer is not hooked up as I was not sure which set of wiring was for the SUB.

Does anybody know offhand what color the factory SUB wiring is at the back of the radio/nav unit?? I'm sure I can trace it down & figure it out, but it is about 4º here & we had two feet of snow yesterday & I am working outside so I want to save as much time as possible..........

~John

Old 02-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Default Re: NAV wiring question

Originally Posted by jmorton10
Does anybody know offhand what color the factory SUB wiring is at the back of the radio/nav unit?? I'm sure I can trace it down & figure it out, but it is about 4º here & we had two feet of snow yesterday & I am working outside so I want to save as much time as possible..........
This might be of some help...

FEH Nav radio pinouts

Navigation Radio - plugged in

Old 02-15-2007, 01:04 PM

That is exactly what I need Walt, thanks a lot.

~John

Old 02-16-2007, 11:35 AM

John, I hope you'll at least get warmed up and take a couple of pictures when you are done......

Old 02-16-2007, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tim K
John, I hope you'll at least get warmed up and take a couple of pictures when you are done......
It's going to be a while before it warms up here I'm afraid, but here's a pic of an Eclipse unit in an 05 Escape I used to have.

http://www.pbase.com/jmorton10/image/66287538

~John

Old 02-16-2007, 12:13 PM

That pic also shows the Gentek ouside temp mirror I installed.

~John

Old 02-17-2007, 08:39 AM

John, doesn't the display inset on the mirror distract you or get in the "way"? I much prefer the Donnely design with the compass/temp on the bottom of the frame....and when it is time, I am leaning that way despite Gentek being a Ford OEM.

Old 02-17-2007, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tim K
John, doesn't the display inset on the mirror distract you or get in the "way"? .
Not in the least, I don't even notice it unless I am specifically looking at it.

I have used both style of mirror & they both work fine, either one is a good choice IMHO. I went with the Gentek because I like the "high tech" looks of it, but I would be perfectly happy with either one.

~John

Old 04-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Active Enthusiast

John,

I saw that you had some issues with your factory sub, what did you end up doing to get it going? I think I am going to go with the 5500 or the 5510 also. The nav looks almost identical to the one in the wife's Civic and it makes the factory one look like Fischer Price...

Old 04-06-2007, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by mikesus
John,

I saw that you had some issues with your factory sub, what did you end up doing to get it going? I think I am going to go with the 5500 or the 5510 also. The nav looks almost identical to the one in the wife's Civic and it makes the factory one look like Fischer Price...
The sub works fine now, I used Walts wiring pics to figure out the sub wiring & then wired it to the subwoofer pre-outs on my Eclipse 5500(the 5500 is a AWESOME UNIT by the way). The sub works much better hooked to the Eclipse than it did in stock form because the Eclipse has a sub level adjustment that is independent of the front/rear speakers or the EQ adjustment.

~John

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NAV wiring question

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands