Need info on hybrid battery channel

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Enthusiast
Default Need info on hybrid battery channel

Hello,
I'm working on a school project on a pair of hybrid Escapes, converting them into plug in hybrids with Enginer kits and doing data acquisition during operation. We need a pair of parts to complete our process of returning to stock (long story). The part is the plastic channel that helps form the floor of the cargo area at the rear driver's side of the traction battery, it usually has a crosshatched texture on the top and directs cold air into and out of the cooling ports of the battery. The local Ford dealership directs us to the http://www.fordparts.com/ website, which doesn't seem to show it, and we have been unable to secure some from scrapyards so far.

If anyone could either sell me (well, my school) 1 or 2 of the pieces that would be spectacular. Failing that, if someone could pull theirs out and send me any numbers molded into the part to aid in my acquisition directly through Ford I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
Mark
Minnesota State University, Mankato

Old 10-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Need info on hybrid battery channel

What year FEH is the school utilizing?

Old 10-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Billyk
What year FEH is the school utilizing?
I'm fairly sure we have a 2005 4WD and a 2008 2WD.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I wonder if this helps any? This is from the 2005 Ford Workshop Manual that is utilized in the dealership:
Name:  fullpageforhybridbattery.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  258.9 KB

Old 10-08-2012, 09:16 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks BillyK,
Number 2 on that diagram, part #19479, is what we're looking for. Still no love on Fordparts, but this might help me at the dealership. Something resembling progress, excellent.

Here's the picture I've been using on Craigslist and at scrapyards to try to find some.

Attached Thumbnails Need info on hybrid battery channel-escape-vent-piece.jpg  
Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mark.n
Thanks BillyK,
Number 2 on that diagram, part #19479, is what we're looking for. Still no love on Fordparts, but this might help me at the dealership. Something resembling progress, excellent.

Here's the picture I've been using on Craigslist and at scrapyards to try to find some.
If you mean the plastic duct that connects the rear A/C to the battery, it is available from Ford and is relatively inexpensive.

5M6Z-19A618-EB

Last edited by FjordHybrid; 10-09-2012 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Enthusiast

Hi FjordHybrid,
That's very good. I wonder why the part number listed in the shop manual isn't the same. Thanks for passing that along. Fordparts lists that piece for $40 each, ebay has a seller with one for $30. Kinda spendy for what you get, but this part has been holding up the project for awhile now.

Thanks for the info to both of you, I really appreciate it. Perhaps a more aggressive search for keywords would have given me that diagram. "Air duct" might have found it, but "HVAC Air Plenum" would not have been on my list of things to try.