Nervous about buying a hybrid escape -- HELP PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Nervous about buying a hybrid escape -- HELP PLEASE!

I have a 05 hybrid with 80000 kilometers on it and I love it and can get 40 mpg on flat stretches of road. It's a joy to drive and so far have had no problems with it. I'd buy another without a doubt

Old 04-29-2011, 02:52 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by corski67
Nice job of documenting the issues. I guess I would probably be bothered too if I had bought new and experienced some of the problems you have. It seems that much of the blame belongs to the dealership from my view. A good service department would have done better for you. The window rolling up and down sounded like creaking coming from the door panel to me... I think mine does the same but I never really paid much attention to it. Most of the issues you pointed out are easier to overlook on a used vehicle. You bought a new vehicle expecting it to behave like it should. No excuses for Ford. I would expect better myself.

The Dealer and Ford Motor Company both. I called the 800 number on several of these issues. All said and done, all Ford did was refer me back to the dealer, who was now angry that I had called the 800 number. A very viscous and non consumer friendly circle.

Old 04-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Active Enthusiast

Are there any other dealers within a reasonable distance? There are several dealers in my area and it can be a world of difference between them when it comes to service. Ford should be slapping that dealer... I suspect they did and that's why the dealer is now ticked off. Maybe you've exhausted that avenue already.