New 2005 AWD Escape Hybrid purchased June 9th

Old 06-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default New 2005 AWD Escape Hybrid purchased June 9th

I recently found and purchased a new 2005 Escape Hybrid from an out-of state small rural Ford Dealership. The vehicle was never titled, had just over 1600 miles on it and was used by the in-town school as a hands on learning experience for students. The file attachment has my first impressions/experiences for this vehicle.

A side note, two weeks ago I found a second new 2005 AWD Escape Hybrid for sale in the state of Wisconsin.

Attached Files
Old 06-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: New 2005 AWD Escape Hybrid purchased June 9th

Congratulations Bill! Is that green with the appearance package? Looks nice!

Old 06-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Active Enthusiast

Looks nice! We have the same color 2007 (Green/Silver). It's a FWD, but otherwise sounds equipped about the same as yours. We have the appearance pack, leather seats, but no nav. We really like it!

Saw your comment about nothing under the carpet in the back above the batter pack, and checked mine. It was the same.

I am having some minor flaking off of the silver paint behind the rear door on the passenger side. I was trying to spray off what I thought was dirt the other night and realized the paint was coming off. Does anyone know what's best for this? I was planning to see if I could get some touch up paint next time I'm in for service.

Thanks,

Rick

Old 06-10-2007, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by rmcmast
I am having some minor flaking off of the silver paint behind the rear door on the passenger side. I was trying to spray off what I thought was dirt the other night and realized the paint was coming off. Does anyone know what's best for this?

Thanks,

Rick

I spent quite a bit of time "detailing" the vehicle today and found two very tiny spots where the silver/white body cladding had "flaked off". I'm not sure this is paint as found on the sheetmetal.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:34 PM
Enthusiast

A couple months ago I ran into a "new" 05 FEH at a rual dealership in Minnesota. same color and same features as yours, since I had worked for this dealership for 6 years as a tech. in the past, I thought I'd call them up and see if they would cut me a deal, however no one would agree on a price, so I walked away.
A couple weeks later I saw it on e bay with 15 min remaining at $15k (reserve not met)
I hope some one got a good deal on it!

Old 06-11-2007, 04:10 AM

I thought Ford only allowed hybrids to be sold at dealers who are hybrid certified. For that, they must have at least one hybrid trained mechanic.

I would find it odd that any dealer would invest and keep a hybrid trained mechanic on staff, when they sell so few hybrids that they would still have a "new" 2005 hybrid on their lot during what is now the 2008 model year.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
I thought Ford only allowed hybrids to be sold at dealers who are hybrid certified. For that, they must have at least one hybrid trained mechanic.

I would find it odd that any dealer would invest and keep a hybrid trained mechanic on staff, when they sell so few hybrids that they would still have a "new" 2005 hybrid on their lot during what is now the 2008 model year.
I bet Ford isn't in much control of dealer trades... If they aren't Hybrid Certified they probably got the hybrid in a dealer trade.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
I bet Ford isn't in much control of dealer trades... If they aren't Hybrid Certified they probably got the hybrid in a dealer trade.

If that's the case, I wonder where the owner would go for service? If the selling dealer isn't hybrid trained, the nearest dealer who has a trained service tech, might be quite far away.

Also, doesn't Ford require dealers to at least service what they sell?

Old 06-11-2007, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
If that's the case, I wonder where the owner would go for service? If the selling dealer isn't hybrid trained, the nearest dealer who has a trained service tech, might be quite far away.

Also, doesn't Ford require dealers to at least service what they sell?
Personally a dealer that doesn't have hybrid certs shouldn't be able to trade for one... but I have no idea how much input/control Ford corporate has on dealer trades. Its one dealer deciding what they have that they are willing to swap with another. It's done all the time and I'm not convinced Ford corporate controls or cares about it, its the dealers business.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:10 PM

For everyone's information, this 2005 Hybrid was sold directly from Ford Motor Company to the dealership which is not located in Wisconsin or Minnesota. The salesperson stated this small rural Ford Dealership was part of a larger 20 dealership chain! It was interesteing to note the dealership building (in a small rural area) was less than five years old. Enough said.

Day three experience and question? I was in electrical mode at the top of a 3/4 mile long downhill. I stayed in electrical mode until I nearly hit 30 mph (I had the vehicle in D not "L" as I was gliding with no pressure on the gas pedal) and then the ICE came on. I was wondering if the ICE came on because of a speed sensor or other?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2005 AWD Escape Hybrid purchased June 9th

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands