NEW FEH Owner

Old 06-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Enthusiast
Default NEW FEH Owner

Hello,
Picked up muy 07 FEH last evening is So Cal. It was a 50 mile trip from the dealership to home. Interesting first drive. The trip computer said my avg mpg was 31.8 by the time I pulled in my driveway! And I wasn't trying to baby it. I was doing 65-70 (closer to 70) on the 243 or is it the 241? (toll rd) up and down hills and the 91 freeways.
So far I like it, just need an excuse to drive it more, to get used to it!

Take Care!

Old 06-24-2006, 10:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: NEW FEH Owner

Congratulations on your '07 FEH, and welcome to GreenHybrid!

Enjoy!

Old 06-25-2006, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by indnchf
Hello,
Picked up muy 07 FEH last evening is So Cal.

Take Care!
Hey Gary,

I'm also in socal, and hoping to get an '07 FEH soon. Just curious what your shopping experience was like. Are the dealers willing to go below msrp at all? Seems to be plenty of inventory but no dealing on the 07's yet.

Don

Old 06-25-2006, 02:52 PM
dsd
Enthusiast

While I am not in SoCal, I am outside DC, dealers here were reluctant to move much on price.

I got quotes from Dealers on the Internet and used that to beat up the local guy. When I told them to match price on identical cars they did it in a heartbeat.

Hope it helps,

dsd

Old 06-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Got my 2005 in SoCal shortly after they came out and were a hot item.
Found 3 nearly identical FEH's I wanted within a few miles using the internet.

One dealer didn't want to haggle.
The other two did.
Got one in early 2005 for $500 under MSRP at a time most were going for over MSRP.

Old 06-25-2006, 05:29 PM

Thanks for the info guys.

I'm planning to get an '07 AWD FEH in titanium green with just one option, the 110vac outlet, nothing else. Msrp is exactly $28k. I've searched local dealer inventory over the internet, but can't find anything close to that vehicle on a dealer lot. At a minimum they all have the Appearance or Safety packages. I assume that means I would need to special order.

Having never purchased a new car I'm unsure about the next steps. Should I just start contacting local dealers with my build spec and just ask for their best price? Is a special order less likely to be discounted that a vehicle already on the dealer's lot? Thanks.

Don

Old 06-25-2006, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by econoline
Thanks for the info guys.

I'm planning to get an '07 AWD FEH in titanium green with just one option, the 110vac outlet, nothing else. Msrp is exactly $28k. I've searched local dealer inventory over the internet, but can't find anything close to that vehicle on a dealer lot. At a minimum they all have the Appearance or Safety packages. I assume that means I would need to special order.

Having never purchased a new car I'm unsure about the next steps. Should I just start contacting local dealers with my build spec and just ask for their best price? Is a special order less likely to be discounted that a vehicle already on the dealer's lot? Thanks.

Don
I think your best bet would be to just pay attention to what is coming into the local dealers. Since what you are describing isn't the top of the line model, if you happen to find one, go in and act kinda interested but not too excited. Ask them if they can add the Nav option (knowing they can't) and be willing to walk away. I think you will be able to get it under MSRP. I got both of mine for under MSRP.

In my experience, ordering a vehicle will cost you more but at least you can get the exact car you want. It is just a matter of how flexible you are and how badly you want that certain color/option combination.

JMO for what it is worth.

Ray

Old 06-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Enthusiast

I live in So Calif and got my '06 for $100 over invoice.

The best thing to do is go online and see what they have in inventory. I wanted a white one but there was a lot of silver ones in stock. Then play dealer againist themselves. The one I got mine from said " I wont let the other dealer beat my price" lol

Pattie

Old 06-25-2006, 09:57 PM

Thanks Pattie. How long ago did you get your '06? That's the kind of deal I'm hoping for, $100 over invoice. I may need to wait a few months since the 07's have just come out and initial demand is probably high. I know once I actually start shopping I'll end up buying one.

Don

Old 06-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Enthusiast

I got mine the end of Feb.

This is the best site to ask question.

Pattie

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NEW FEH Owner

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands