New Member New Ford 2008 2wd Escape - California

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 01:56 PM
Enthusiast
Default New Member New Ford 2008 2wd Escape - California

Just bought my 2008 Escape on Thursday. The dealers here in Southern California have a few each, and are getting more.

They're offering incentives (3000, low apr loans) on the 2007s but I wanted to drive (and ended up buying) a 2008 after reading auto journalist Dan Neil's review of the 2008 a couple of months ago in the LA Times.

Had a good dealership experience, and so far the car is great. Base model, without the fancy hybrid/nav package. I did get roof cross bars (why Ford gives you the ourboard rails standard but makes the cross bars an option, I don't get) and a cargo liner. Oh and a Lojack, because my insurance basically paid for it.

I'll keep the board posted. Pun intended.

M

Old 03-15-2007, 02:17 PM
Default Re: New Member New Ford 2008 2wd Escape - California

Congrads on you new FEH!

Can you tell us how hard or easy it is to go in Electric Vehicle (EV) only, and what speed your able to run it at? We heard the software changes would help the problems we have. Does the FEH go EV when you let off the gas pedal is what I'm asking.

GaryG

Old 03-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Welcome to the club!

Old 03-17-2007, 08:16 PM
'08 FEH owner

Hey folks, me 2! Literally just bought a new '08 Escape. No incentives here either...had been planning on ordering an '08 in Kiwi Green, but got to the dealer for a test drive and they had a charcoal colored car with basically exactly what I wanted for options (everything! including leather package and nav), so I went ahead and bought.

I LOVE this car so far. Only downside I notice is a hesitation when accelerating a bit, but it disappears once I reach cruising speed, and the mileage and comfort of the vehicle make up for it.

Looking forward to talking hybrids in the future. likelite aka Jean in Nashville, TN USA

Old 03-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by likelite
Hey folks, me 2! Literally just bought a new '08 Escape. No incentives here either...had been planning on ordering an '08 in Kiwi Green, but got to the dealer for a test drive and they had a charcoal colored car with basically exactly what I wanted for options (everything! including leather package and nav), so I went ahead and bought.

I LOVE this car so far. Only downside I notice is a hesitation when accelerating a bit, but it disappears once I reach cruising speed, and the mileage and comfort of the vehicle make up for it.

Looking forward to talking hybrids in the future. likelite aka Jean in Nashville, TN USA
You'll find after a while that you won't notice the hesitation anymore.... either it goes away some as the car breaks in, or you just don't notice it. I remember not liking it on mine when I first got it but I don't notice it at all anymore.

Only time it feels a tiny bit underpowered is if I'm flooring it on an entrance ramp in the summer with the A/C going full tilt. But if the A/C isn't on I'm usually running up the bumper of the guy in front of me on the ramp no problem.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:12 AM
PML
Enthusiast

Is the Navigation still a 6- CD based unit- or is it a touch screen like the Lincolns? Also do you still get the read out - of Gas Mileage - and where the power is going - etc. -

PHIL

Old 03-19-2007, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by PML
Is the Navigation still a 6- CD based unit- or is it a touch screen like the Lincolns? Also do you still get the read out - of Gas Mileage - and where the power is going - etc. -

PHIL
I think the website says its DVD based..... however... the website also said the old system was MP3 capable

Old 03-19-2007, 08:23 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

What??? You got ripped off!

The 2005's came with eleven (11) and 2006's came with a twelve (12) CD-Rom navigation set!

Originally Posted by PML

PHIL

Old 03-20-2007, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by TeeSter
I think the website says its DVD based..... however... the website also said the old system was MP3 capable
Oh, I didn't think PML was asking about the number of map disks, but as to if the new '08 Nav system is a still also a CD changer. In dash? Under seat? Still holds up to 6 CD's?

Old 03-20-2007, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Oh, I didn't think PML was asking about the number of map disks, but as to if the new '08 Nav system is a still also a CD changer. In dash? Under seat? Still holds up to 6 CD's?
Hmmm... that could be what he means.

Quick Reply: New Member New Ford 2008 2wd Escape - California

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands