New Member New Ford 2008 2wd Escape - California

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: New Member New Ford 2008 2wd Escape - California

The reverse is true in ( my parts ) of Colorado.

The main roads and highways had pretty much all lanes clear in hours after the big dump of last December. Getting out of your neighborhood was nearly impossible for days, and difficult for weeks.

The DAY AFTER a 20" snowfall in NE Colorado, it took me 2 hours to get out of my house. Once I hit the interstate, I had DRY PAVEMENT the whole way.... ( and very light traffic since no-one else could get out of thier homes! )

-John

Originally Posted by WaltPA
That is a really big "if" around here.

My work is off of a 4 lane highway. It usually takes them 2 days to get around to plowing 2 of the 4 lanes, and about 10 days to get around to plowing the remaining 2 lanes.

At home, it takes them about 10 hours after it stops, to plow my street.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:04 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just picked my 2008 FEH up Saturday, and I absolutely love it. I had to go a ways out of town to find one (I got the last FWD hybrid in the upper midwest) but it was worth it. 155 miles on it and I'm already getting 29.5 MPG! This might not sound like much to a bunch of seasoned pros, but the gas Escape I traded in was getting 19.5 on a good week. It's so much fun to drive, and I'm finding I'm driving more safely--obeying the speed limits, and not making as many lane changes in traffic because I don't care if I sit in rush hour; it won't hurt my wallet!

Old 05-01-2007, 07:15 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by queenfan
I just picked my 2008 FEH up Saturday, and I absolutely love it. I had to go a ways out of town to find one (I got the last FWD hybrid in the upper midwest) but it was worth it. 155 miles on it and I'm already getting 29.5 MPG! This might not sound like much to a bunch of seasoned pros, but the gas Escape I traded in was getting 19.5 on a good week. It's so much fun to drive, and I'm finding I'm driving more safely--obeying the speed limits, and not making as many lane changes in traffic because I don't care if I sit in rush hour; it won't hurt my wallet!

Welcome to the club, and to GH. Don't be afraid to make your own thread in the Introductions forum if you'd like.

Old 05-03-2007, 02:04 PM
rb1
Active Enthusiast

I just bought the '08 Mariner Hybrid 4x2, which has the same NAV/stereo system as the FEH -- and all six CDs are slot-loading and MP3 capable. The maps are on a 2nd drive hidden behind the nav screen. Actually it's pretty neat to see the entire fascia slide out for getting to the DVD.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:19 AM
rb1
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PML
Is the Navigation still a 6- CD based unit- or is it a touch screen like the Lincolns? Also do you still get the read out - of Gas Mileage - and where the power is going - etc. -

PHIL
It's a single DVD loaded into a hidden slot behind the nav screen. The entire front panel slides out for access to the map dvd. The nav is touch screen. Pretty cool nav system.

Old 05-08-2007, 09:22 AM
rb1
Active Enthusiast
Thumbs up Re: New Member New Ford 2008 2wd Escape - California

Morocco: Congratulations! I just bought a '08 MMH myself about a week back. Absolutely love it so far. Getting 31+ mpg on the dealer-bought tank of gas. Can you imagine -- I have still never been to the gas station yet! Har har...

Old 05-08-2007, 03:55 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

I have a 2008 Escape, and I think I am missing part of the document package. The only thing I have is the owner's manual. Are there supplements? A service book? Etc?

Old 05-09-2007, 08:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Morocco
Just bought my 2008 Escape on Thursday. The dealers here in Southern California have a few each, and are getting more.

They're offering incentives (3000, low apr loans) on the 2007s but I wanted to drive (and ended up buying) a 2008 after reading auto journalist Dan Neil's review of the 2008 a couple of months ago in the LA Times.

Had a good dealership experience, and so far the car is great. Base model, without the fancy hybrid/nav package. I did get roof cross bars (why Ford gives you the ourboard rails standard but makes the cross bars an option, I don't get) and a cargo liner. Oh and a Lojack, because my insurance basically paid for it.

I'll keep the board posted. Pun intended.

M
We looked at the 2008 and thought it was nice. However, we read that there were only cosmetic changes so we opted to save the $3K and got the 2007. We love our and wonder why Ford can't build all their cars like this.