new Scanguage software available

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: new Scanguage software available

Originally Posted by Opranger
I have an 07 FEH the SOC reading is blank on the Scanguage II with new xguage software. It does display traction battery voltage but does not seem to display anything with the same first couple of octets as the SOC. I have had the battery pack recall performed as well. It seems that Ford made a change at some point for some unknown reason to the code that gets this block of data.
Is yours AWD? Do you have the factory NAV system or not?

Old 12-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

I had the xgauges working back in August and everything that I tried worked. In October, I had the harness recall and re-programming done. There were some noticable changes, but I can still read all of the battery xgauges. It seems there are both FWD and AWD FEHs for all years that can either read all of the battery xgauges or none of them. It remains to be discovered whether this is a problem with the scangauge itself or in the FEHs. I have connected my SG to a few other FEHs and the battery xgauges have always worked. I have firmware rev 3.14 in my scangauge and a late 2005 FWD FEH. My FEH came without the factory nav, but I added it earlier this year.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by DesertDog
It remains to be discovered whether this is a problem with the scangauge itself or in the FEHs. I have connected my SG to a few other FEHs and the battery xgauges have always worked. I have firmware rev 3.14 in my scangauge and a late 2005 FWD FEH. My FEH came without the factory nav, but I added it earlier this year.
I just checked my SG and I have firmware version 3.15. I wonder if the difference in the versions could explain my Xgauge problem (no SoC)?

Might be interesting to see if the blank SoC problem is just with ver 3.15.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:58 PM
Enthusiast

This may be off topic, but didn't want to post a new thread. I've had my FEH for 2 fillups so far.

The scangauge was 14% and 13% low for fuel consumption (giving me higher mileage numbers than I was actually getting). All my inputs are correct, fuel tank size and engine size.

Has anyone had this same problem? I'd expect maybe 5% deviation worst case, but almost 15%? I have the new scangauge with latest firmware.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by teperilloux
This may be off topic, but didn't want to post a new thread. I've had my FEH for 2 fillups so far.

The scangauge was 14% and 13% low for fuel consumption (giving me higher mileage numbers than I was actually getting). All my inputs are correct, fuel tank size and engine size.

Has anyone had this same problem? I'd expect maybe 5% deviation worst case, but almost 15%? I have the new scangauge with latest firmware.
Have you followed the procedure to set the SPEED and the FUEL usage adjustment thats in the manual?

Old 12-06-2007, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by teperilloux

Did you calibrate your SG per the instructions on page 18 of the manual? Did you set the correct size tank, 15.0gal? There's also a lot of variation at the pump as to where an individual pump will shutoff.

Old 12-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by econoline
Did you calibrate your SG per the instructions on page 18 of the manual? Did you set the correct size tank, 15.0gal? There's also a lot of variation at the pump as to where an individual pump will shutoff.
I should have been more clear. This was before calibration. I also filled up both times at the same pump and just until shutoff as recommended in the manual.

Even though the first was a dealer tank, my mileage was about what others are getting for a new FWD, about 32mpg per ScanIII, under mostly conservative city driving. As a result, I was hoping there wouldn't be much adjustment.

So it surprised me the second tank showed about a 13% deviation as well resulting in 28 mpg.

I'm surprised my mileage is so low compared to other FWD's, but maybe it's correct because it's new -- but especially sinced I nursed it around town and temps were in the 50's here in Portland I expected at least 30.

I guess the correct question to ask is, is the 14% correction during calibration similar to what others are seeing?

Last edited by teperilloux; 12-06-2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 12-06-2007, 06:57 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

What is "ScanIII"?

The newest ScanGauge is a ScanGaugeII with "xGauge".
I've suggested calling it SGIIxG so it will not be confusing when the SGIII does come on the market in the future.

So please do not call it a ScanGauge III, if that is what you are doing.
( not sure )

Old 12-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by econoline
I just checked my SG and I have firmware version 3.15. I wonder if the difference in the versions could explain my Xgauge problem (no SoC)?

Might be interesting to see if the blank SoC problem is just with ver 3.15.
I'm also on 3.15. Carl do you think Ron might be able to roll me or Don back to 3.14 for no charge just to get to the bottom of this?

Old 12-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Enthusiast

I have the SGII version 3.15. I have a fwd with no NAV. The SoC comes up blank but other xguages work fine as well as many the Ron outlined. But those that begin with the same group of number as SoC do not work. It would be interesting to know if there is a difference between version 3.14 and 3.15.

Quick Reply: new Scanguage software available

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands