press OK>
then enter: 0 -> 0 -> 7 -> D -> 2 -> 0 -> 0 -> 0 -> 0 -> 0 -> 0 -> 0
press OK>
then enter the name you want one letter at a time: S -> O -> C
press OK>
press SAVE>
press EXIT>
in gauge mode press the buttons until SOC shows up
I'm a bit confused... does this work with all scanguage II's or do I have to send mine in for new firmware.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:19 AM
Default Re: new Scanguage software available

Originally Posted by TeeSter
I'm a bit confused... does this work with all scanguage II's or do I have to send mine in for new firmware.
Tim you have two choices, send your SG11 back or buy a new one and either send the old one back later. Most likely I'm going to get a new one and keep the other SG11 for the trip information and hook them together. I like the mount I made and the location of my SG11, so I'll try to come up with another neat installation near it.

GaryG

Old 10-08-2007, 10:23 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Most likely I'm going to get a new one and keep the other SG11 for the trip information and hook them together.

That is what I did, works super....

~John

Old 10-08-2007, 02:11 PM

Awaiting the arival of mine. Can you monitor CAT Temp? To know about when it's hot enough to go EV or about to cool off to much to kick in the ICE?

Any other cool things to watch? (I do not have the factory NAV, so I can't see any info now)

Old 10-08-2007, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
Awaiting the arival of mine. Can you monitor CAT Temp? To know about when it's hot enough to go EV or about to cool off to much to kick in the ICE?

Any other cool things to watch? (I do not have the factory NAV, so I can't see any info now)

I just got my new one this weekend and have been using the HV SOC to monitor going into and out of EV. Once the engine is warmed up, I have found the SOC fairly accurate monitor (ICE will fire up at around 41). I don't have the hybrid/navigation headunit either and wonder whether HV battery temperature is something else that should/could be monitored? I don't even know if the scangauge can monitor this.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:10 PM

I have been running the new SG with all Hybrid settings next to my older SG II with trip meter settings & it works perfect.

The only complaint is, I have both set to the same custom display colors so they matches the color of the stock Ford guages but the two displays don't quite match. I have the two SG's right next to each other & the newer one has a slightly brighter colored display (the older one looks faded & darker next to the new one), so the two don't perfectly match.........

~John

Old 10-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Billyk
I just got my new one this weekend and have been using the HV SOC to monitor going into and out of EV. Once the engine is warmed up, I have found the SOC fairly accurate monitor (ICE will fire up at around 41). I don't have the hybrid/navigation headunit either and wonder whether HV battery temperature is something else that should/could be monitored? I don't even know if the scangauge can monitor this.
Battery Temp is #3 on the list in post #7. To enter it a little easier, just edit your SOC xgauge and change where needed, but before you press SAVE> when you get to this screen,
< XGauge BTM 0>
<CANCEL SAVE>

press the upper right button to change the 0 to 1 (or anything up to 24) and then press save. I have all 25 xgauges coded and want more! Probably have to get another SG...

CAT temp can be monitored, but sometimes gives strange readings. It is a legislated PID, so I'm sure the scaling is correct. I think it is an inferred value, so the readings can be strange at times.

For CAT temp,
TXD=07E022003C
RXF=04620500063C
RXD=3010
MTH=00090032FFD8
NAM=whatever you want

Old 10-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

CAT temp is an inferred value.

Old 10-12-2007, 05:46 AM

Another SG question. Is it possible to read the odometer? The one in my expedition is starting to go dark at first startup for a few seconds, and once for almost 1/4 mile. Just curious if this info is stored somewhere, and if it still "clicks" even if it's not displaying?

Also what does infered value mean? My guess is it gives a # but doesn't mean it is that number, ie might display 152 which may not mean 152 degrees, it may mean 100 or it may mean 500... ?

Old 10-12-2007, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
Another SG question. Is it possible to read the odometer? The one in my expedition is starting to go dark at first startup for a few seconds, and once for almost 1/4 mile. Just curious if this info is stored somewhere, and if it still "clicks" even if it's not displaying?

Also what does infered value mean? My guess is it gives a # but doesn't mean it is that number, ie might display 152 which may not mean 152 degrees, it may mean 100 or it may mean 500... ?
In inferred value means there isn't actually a sensor for that value. For example it would mean that there is no sensor in the catalytic converter (there isn't... or there would be wires leading to it when the Tuffy guy replaces it). However the temperature of the engine can be used to calculate/estimate the temperature of the catalyst via a mathematical model. Thats where the CAT temp comes from... I think they use the Water Temp.

Quick Reply: new Scanguage software available

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands