Nifty Catch-All 4pc Premium Floor Protection

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Enthusiast
Default Nifty Catch-All 4pc Premium Floor Protection

I searched the forum on "floor mats" and "Nifty", and see most people have purchased either Husky or WeatherTech floor mats... er, floor protection.

Anyone have any experience with the Nifty Catch-All 4pc set for the 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid?

My question is about the rear cargo piece. Does it fit the MMH?

I like the Nifty Catch-Alls because I can get them in tan to match my interior color , they are molded to the contour of the floor, and they are carpeted, not rubber. After all this is a Mercury, not a Ford.

For anyone who's interested, here's the link to the on-line copy of the glossy brochure. http://www.lundinternational.com/DAM_public/5274.pdf

Mats4Less has the best price by far. $199, free shipping. I've seen as high as $300+ for the same set from other on-line sellers.

Bill

Old 10-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Nifty Catch-All 4pc Premium Floor Protection

I don't know about the front and rear mats, but I do know for sure that the cargo area is different in the Hybrids. That's why there is a seperate part for Husky's cargo mat. Because of the battery under the cargo area, the level of the floor is higher and therefore the size and shape of the area is different. I would check with Lund to make sure that their kits are different for the Hybrid.

Last edited by Tim K; 10-19-2006 at 05:34 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:32 PM

I think they made the OEM molded mats for my '01 Grand Cherokee. Those mats were very nice and a perfect fit....I even had the cargo-lok thingies for the rear and they came in handy. If they had the molded kit for the Mariner Hybrid I would buy it in a second (assuming the color was close).

Old 10-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Enthusiast

They look very nice!

Old 10-19-2006, 06:47 PM

Rubber's easier to clean, so I went with the Husky mats and have no regrets. Muddy hiking boots and carpeted mats of any type don't mix.

Old 10-20-2006, 03:03 AM
Enthusiast

Ah, but the Nifty mats state you simply hose them off to clean them.

We have a similar set of L.L. Bean mats in our Explorer - carpeted - and they hose right off. We'd buy them again, but we're looking for custom fit mats (Nifty) rather than the generic fits (L.L. Bean)

Old 10-20-2006, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by bill.flynn
Ah, but the Nifty mats state you simply hose them off to clean them.

We have a similar set of L.L. Bean mats in our Explorer - carpeted - and they hose right off. We'd buy them again, but we're looking for custom fit mats (Nifty) rather than the generic fits (L.L. Bean)
Hehe, mud still comes off rubber better than carpet. I don't have to use a hose to get the mud off my Husky mats. We're talking big honkin' clods of mud. A wet paper towel, or if I let the mud dry, a whallop on the bottom to knock it all out, and voila.

Nifty's are neat. I just find the rubber Husky mats preferable for serious soiling potential such as a hiker, camping enthusiast, etc. would incur. We did a 3 mile hike in rain with the whole family. Every else's car mats, of any type, were trashed after the walk, requiring cleaning. I waited for mine to dry (it was still raining, anyway), and the next day vacuumed up the loose stuff and wiped the rest off with wet wipes. Cleanup's even faster if you take the mats out to clean 'em.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:19 AM

Even worse than the mud is the grease I am constantly walking in. We use it by the drum on the tracks in curves and on switches and the grease comes right off the Husky mats.

Can't say that the Husky are better than "Brand X" since Husky is the only type I have owned but I can't say enough good things about them.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Enthusiast

I have to say, Customer Service amongst American manufacturing companies is a lost art. It's no wonder they are losing business.

I called Lund International (the manufacturer of the Nifty product line) asking them if the 4pc mat set would fit. The customer rep with whom I spoke said she didn't have any information about parts for the Mercury Mariner. I explained to her that when I go to the Lund web site, the product selector lets me choose 2006 Mercury Mariner Hybrid and shows the 4pc mat set available for my vehicle. Humph.

I contacted Mats4Less with the same question. The customer service rep with whom I exchanged e-mails told me she contacted the manufacturer (Lund) and was told the 4pc mat set would not fit the Mariner Hybrid, nor would the 3pc mat set, which does not include the rear cargo area mat.

I find it very hard to believe the 3pc mat set from the regular Mariner does not fit the Mariner Hybrid.

Comments?

Regarding rubber vs carpeted mats, I'm only looking for floor mats that will keep the snow and salt off the main carpet, primarily on the driver's side. I think the rubber mats probably look better in the Escape, but detract from the internal appearance of the Mariner. One of the reasons we bought the Mariner was the more "upscale" interior finish.

Last edited by bill.flynn; 10-20-2006 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:03 PM

You'd have to look in a non-hybrid mariner but I wonder if the floors are contoured the same as the Hybrid's. The front of my MMH has all sorts of weird bumps and grooves in the passenger floor. I suppose you could order them and see....and return them if they don't fit. If they do fit you could tell me and I could buy them!

Quick Reply: Nifty Catch-All 4pc Premium Floor Protection

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands