NO is charging 12 volt battery.

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Enthusiast
Question NO is charging 12 volt battery.

NO is charging 12 volt battery.

The battery indicator on the dash will not turnon until the battery charge is below 9 volts.

3 weeks ago I turn off the car after heavybraking.

I turned on the car again and went off 30meters did not start again.

We pass current from another vehicle wired andlit perfectly but when removing the cables went out again ... at that time wethought the 12 volt battery was damaged and proceeded to change a battery ingood condition and well lit again.

We proceeded to measure the current in thebattery and saw that his load is consumed slowly until it reaches 9 volts andoff the vehicle.

In the case of a conventional vehicle could saythat the fault is in the generator, but the vehicle does not have alternator.

I do not think that is the driving generatorbecause two minutes after burning shuts off the gasoline engine and electricmotor is turned on ... which means that the generator is running in order tosend cargo to the traction battery or high voltage .

I know that this generator has three functions:ignition engine, generator and electric motor drive and apparently is doing the3 functions.

I know there is a module that converts thecurrent from 300 volts to 12 volts (part number B227AB GM-6414), also theinternet I found a module that is battery charging (10B689 http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=%2bWANrPpCLIBIcugtDB7hXA%3d%3d&i d=245234628&m=2&search=true&year=2006&make=Ford&mo del=Escape), I do not know which of these could be damaged,or if it is loose or damaged cables.

How I can know if the converter module 300-12volts or if the battery load module?

Or if it fails cables and connectors?

Since exactly should point out the voltage tomake the spark to the gasoline engine and charge the battery?

What should be the voltage generated by thispoint?

Thank you!
__________________________________________________ _________
NO está cargando la batería de 12voltios, en el tablero no enciende elindicador de batería hasta que está por debajo de los 9 voltios.
Hace 3 semanas la camioneta se meapago luego de una fuerte frenada, la encendí de nuevo y a los 30 metros seapagó de nuevo y ya no encendió más…
Le pasamos corriente con cablesdesde otro vehículo y encendió perfectamente pero al retirar los cables se apagóde nuevo…en ese momento pensamos que la batería de 12 voltios estaba dañada yprocedimos a cambiarla por una batería en buen estado y encendió nuevamentebien.
Procedimos a medir la corrienteen la batería y vimos que se va consumiendo su carga poco a poco hasta quellega a 9 voltios y se apaga el vehículo.
En el caso de un vehículoconvencional podría decir que la falla está en el alternador, pero este vehículono tiene alternador.
No creo que sea el motorgenerador, porque luego de dos minutos de encendida se apaga el motor degasolina y se enciende el motor eléctrico… lo que quiere decir que el generadorestá funcionando para poder enviar carga a la batería de tracción o de alto voltaje.
Sé que este generador cumple tresfunciones: motor de encendido, Generador y motor eléctrico de tracción y alparecer está cumpliendo las 3 funciones.
Sé que hay un módulo queconvierte la corriente de 300 voltios a 12 voltios (número de parte GM-6414B227AB), también el internet encontré un módulo que es de carga de batería (10B689http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/PartDetail.aspx?n=%2bWANrPpCLIBIcugtDB7hXA%3d%3d&i d=245234628&m=2&search=true&year=2006&make=Ford&mo del=Escape),pero no sé cuál de estos pudiera estar dañado, o si se trata de conexionesflojas o cables dañados.
Como puedo saber si el modulo convertidorde 300 a 12 voltios o si es el módulo de carga de batería?
O si es falla de cables oconectores?
Desde que punto exactamente deberíade salir el voltaje para dar la chispa al motor de gasolina y cargar la batería?
Cuál debería ser el voltaje quegenere este punto?
Gracias!

Old 08-24-2013, 05:00 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: NO is charging 12 volt battery.

Where are you located and what year FEH do you have? Can some one read the codes or is there a Ford dealer that can do the same?

Relays that do not close can cause issues.

Old 08-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: NO is charging 12 volt battery.

Originally Posted by Billyk24
Where are you located and what year FEH do you have? Can some one read the codes or is there a Ford dealer that can do the same?

Relays that do not close can cause issues.

hola BILLY estoy en MONTERREY, MX. el vehiculo es una ESCAPE HYBRID 2006.