No HEV display on nav sys

Old 03-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Owner
Default No HEV display on nav sys

I recently bought a 2008 FEH 4WD and later found out that it doesn't display the MPG anywhere. It doesn't show up in the gauge cluster and the nav sys doesn't have the HEV tab to display it either all I can get from it is the miles to empty. What could be the problem?

Old 03-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: No HEV display on nav sys

Is it an aftermarket ( Non Ford ) Navigation system?

Did you read your manual? If you lost it, I think you can get the manual online.

The place that shows miles to empty can show MPG also, if you do not have a factory navigation system.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Owner

It is the stock navigation system and there is a special manual that is just for the system. It says that if it is an Escape Hybrid under the menu button on the left side the first touchscreen button on the left should say HEV and under that is where the graph and picture of the system should be.

In the gauge cluster it only shows the miles to empty and no matter how many times I press the info button it does not display MPGs.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I seem to remember someone on another thread here had a similar problem when a non-hybrid software/DVD was loaded onto their navigation system.

On my '08 FEH (with NAVI), the gauge cluster info screen (where the odometer is displayed) will only show the odometer, trip A, Trip B and miles to empty. No MPG info is displayed there. I presume that this is by design because the NAVI has taken over that responsibility.

Does the display over the console (where the time, date, external temperature is normally displayed) say "Ford Escape Hybrid Audiophile" when you first turn the switch on? Not sure if that is specific to the audiophile equipped FEH but that's what mine says. I would expect "Ford Escape Hybrid" to display at a minimum on all '08 FEH.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:01 AM
Owner

It does say "Ford Escape Hybrid Audiophile" but after that disappears it does not display my time and date. The temperatures and direction do display though. So I assume that the nav/sound system is the best one you can get and that it should have the energy flow screen unless not all of them come with that. If nothing else I should be able to see it MPGs in the gauge cluster. I am not sure on this so any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:40 PM

When you go to the Menu->System tab, what do you see as the Hardware (HW) and Software (SW) versions (bottom left of the screen)? What is the Map Version number (bottom right of screen near GPS coordinates)? We can compare your info to mine.

I'm still thinking that you somehow have the non-hybrid Escape software version for the head unit/NAV.

Old 03-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Owner

HW: 8L8T-18K931-AF
SW: 1.020200

Map DVD: 2P

Old 03-07-2010, 05:21 PM

My Job 1 '08 FEH:

HW:8L8T-18K931-AE
SW:3.000000

Map DVD: 5P

I still think you need to talk to your dealer about getting a different software/map DVD.

Any other '08 FEH owners with NAVI out there who can submit their HW/SW/Map versions?

Old 06-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Owner
Smile Re: No HEV display on nav sys

I just updated to the 8P DVD map pack and I now have the HEV screen. The new updates included in this DVD must have done the trick. Now it will be much easier to understand when and where my driving can still be improved.

Attached Thumbnails No HEV display on nav sys-img_1451_1.jpg  
Old 06-22-2010, 03:50 AM

Glad to see you got your display back. I still suspect someone loaded the non-hybrid software.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: No HEV display on nav sys

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands