No power in reverse 2009 FEH

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 05:57 AM
Enthusiast
Default No power in reverse 2009 FEH

Hi folks, first post here. Glad this community is here!

I have a 2009 FEH and love it so much I had it shipped down to Costa Rica where I'm now living. Fords are expensive to maintain and repair here so any help would be much appreciated. I looked through previous posts and saw some issues similar to mine but not exactly...

The back story: I recently had an loss of electric power and subsequently learned it was related to my AC, which cools the battery pack. The evaporator was gone so I had it replaced by a local guy.

Now, a week later, twice I have shifted into reverse - and no power. No revving, nothing. Simply reshifted and it found reverse.

Is this the beginning of a serious problem with the transmission? Or the gear shifter? Or even the battery. I know the guy had to tear down the dash to get to the evaporator, and disconnect the battery pack. Is it possible he mucked something up. Or is this something else.

Any thoughts? Thanks!