oil filter and drain plug location?

Old 04-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Enthusiast
Default oil filter and drain plug location?

hey folks,
first timer to the forum here.....I crawled under my fiance's new FEH to change the oil for the first time, and well I found myself looking at nothing recognizable!

can somebody tell me where to find the drain plug and the oil filter? if a diagram is out there, that would be greatly appreciated....

thanks in advance

Old 04-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: oil filter and drain plug location?

Crawl back under with a strong light. Everything is right in the open, very accessible. The drain plug is on the oil pan, just like any other car. The oil filter may seem unusual if you haven't had a car with a cartridge filter before. It is on the front bottom of the engine, right in front of the pan. The cylindrical housing (with a small Allen head drain plug in the center) unscrews and the filter is inside it. I recommend getting the correct cup type tool to remove the housing. (Count the number of sides on the housing and make sure you match both the diameter and number of sides.)

Old 04-15-2008, 07:46 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: oil filter and drain plug location?

thanks,
yes the filter threw me and didn't recognize it. the drain plug was easy, just couldn't see it from the direction I was looking before...all changed no sweat.

thanks for the info.