one click noise front passenger wheel FEH 2008

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Enthusiast
Default one click noise front passenger wheel FEH 2008

I have a small issue with my 2008 FEH,
every time I accelerate, I hear a one 'click' noise from the front passenger side. Every time press the brakes , once I hit a speed of about 4-5 MPH, I hear the same click from the same place.
i took the caliper off, tried the car in the parking lot, still did the same noise.
It Seems its coming from the wheel hub.

Any help is appreciated
Thanks

Old 05-16-2011, 04:44 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: one click noise front passenger wheel FEH 2008

Same issue here on my '08 FEH, click when stopping and another when accelerating again.

Only testing I was able to do was that the click on slow down only happens with re-gen braking... slowing in neutral (brakes only) does not produce the sound, nor is there a click when accelerating again.

Something in the drive train?

Darren

Old 05-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I'm probably on a different problem, but it could be related.

I had a mild thumping on a washboardy dirt road along with a thumping when descending a steep paved road after a crest. Replaced the Sway bar links and its fixed. I mention this since anything that puts a load on these sway bar links would cause a noise.

Like I said, this may well be a separate problem, but go down there and see if they're loose. My boots had given up the ghost awhile ago (took delivery Dec 05) and the ball joints in there (one on each end of the link) will then go bad quickly.

Old 05-24-2011, 05:14 PM
Feral Engineer

I have kind of a similar issue that I posted about but got no response. My 2007 FEH, only in cold weather, makes a bzzzzt noise just before it stops and just after it starts (about 5 - 10 mph). The noise sounds electromechanical and comes form underneath the chassis. It does it in D or N gear selection and goes away as soon as temperatures get into the 50's. I thought it might have to do with the transition from regen to friction braking, but not sure how, exactly.

Re sway bar links, I've replaced them twice and they make a metallic rattling noise on uneven surfaces at low speed - a totally different symptom.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:28 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Mike,

In this post of mine I write of a clunk when taking off and stopping, is this the same issue on my 09???

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...es-long-25792/

Sean