Ordering a 2008 FEH

Old 07-02-2007, 04:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default Ordering a 2008 FEH

Hi, I placed an order for a 2008 Escape Hybrid on June 1 as we could not locate one at local dealers. Dealer said 4-6 weeks, checked this weekend
(July1) and my Escape is not yet scheduled. Is this what others are experiencing?

Old 07-02-2007, 05:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Ordering a 2008 FEH

I've ordered ours May 12 and was told to expect an 8 week wait. I've read that the FEH sales in Canada have increased 150% in May so I guess there would be a large sales increase in the U.S. The plant where they are built, Kansas City, has been working overtime plus Saturdays to keep up with demand.
I live in London, Canada and hope to get ours by the middle of July.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:58 AM
2008 FEH FWD

I ordered mine on May 9th and it's 'locked-in' to be built the week of July 23rd. So be prepared for a possible 3 month wait.

On the other hand, I have a friend that ordered a Mariner Hybrid on May 29th, he takes delivery this week!

Old 07-02-2007, 09:04 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

How many other FEH does your dealer have on order?

What did your dealer set your order priority code to?

Did you get a copy of the DORA?

Old 07-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Active Enthusiast

I ordered a 2008 FWD Mercury Mariner on June 29th, and I was told I could expect delivery by the first week in August. I have to return my truck lease and borrow a vehcile. I hope its not delayed any further!

Old 07-02-2007, 06:31 PM
Enthusiast

Reply to WaltPa: I am looking at the Vehicle Order Confirmation sheet and it says Priority 99, Ord code: 300A

I do not know what DORA stands for?

Thanks, Ken

Old 07-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Enthusiast

DORA is Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment.

WaltPA:

Can we specify the order priority code to a dealer at time of order? What is the process a dealer uses to assign these? More profit on sale ---> higher priority ?

If a dealer has FEHs on order and yours is added to their que, does this increase lead time relative to a dealer with no FEH's on order?

Are there steps you can take to ensure your lead time on order is adhered to closely as possible?

I'm about to order a FEH -- I'm sending an offer to multiple dealers in my area based on consumer report vehicle pricing reports. I want to ensure the least lead time possible as it's impossible to find my spec'ed FEH.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:31 PM
Enthusiast
Smile Re: Ordering a 2008 FEH

Hi

We got our new 4WD Escape Hybrid on 6-30-07.

Ours took almost 3 months to come in.

We were not in a hurry as we just sold our car the day before.

We are very happy with FEH we are still on the first tank but got 29 mpg on the 90 mile trip home 75mph with ac on econ.

We are geting over 30mpg in town.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by kpdandjad
Hi, I placed an order for a 2008 Escape Hybrid on June 1 as we could not locate one at local dealers. Dealer said 4-6 weeks, checked this weekend
(July1) and my Escape is not yet scheduled. Is this what others are experiencing?
How far away did you look, or willing to travel to get one? I debated ordering one, but luckily I found one similar to what I would have ordered just plus the moonroof, 250 miles away in McKinney, TX. I just made a day trip out of it, drove down, traded in the minivan, drove home, getting double the milleage of course!

Old 07-03-2007, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by teperilloux
WaltPA:

Can we specify the order priority code to a dealer at time of order? What is the process a dealer uses to assign these? More profit on sale ---> higher priority ?

If a dealer has FEHs on order and yours is added to their que, does this increase lead time relative to a dealer with no FEH's on order?
Originally Posted by kpdandjad
Reply to WaltPa: I am looking at the Vehicle Order Confirmation sheet and it says Priority 99, Ord code: 300A

The dealer specifies their own priority order for the vehicles they have on order. The dealer uses what ever scheme they want to assign the order.

Of course, if a dealer has no other Escapes on order, you would be their next. If they have 20 on order, you could become #21, or you could cut the line can become number #1. Its up to the sales manager, and possibly your negotiation skills with him/her.

Hopefully, a dealer would put customer orders ahead of general orders to sit their lot, but nothing enforces that to be true.

BTW, a priority code of 99 means something is wrong. The vehicle will never be built until what ever is wrong is addressed. Sometimes, it is that you specified an option that is in such sort supply, that Ford can't even predict its availability to the factory. Or there is a problem, and all production is stopped until it is fixed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ordering a 2008 FEH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands