PCV valve location on FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 01:49 PM
Green is good :D
Default PCV valve location on FEH?

Just as the title says. I have a 2006 FEH AWD and I'm looking for the PCV valve. For the life of me I can not find the dang thing. Someone please point me in the correct direction so I can put that hybrid cover back on and be done for the day....

Thanks in advance!

Grant

Old 05-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Default Re: PCV valve location on FEH?

ttt nobody knows? Looks like I will have to go to the dealership to find out.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by GreenMachine06
ttt nobody knows? Looks like I will have to go to the dealership to find out.
You're not going to like this but the workshop manual says for removal and installation of the PVC valve you must remove the intake manifold. Disengage the positive ventilation (PVC) valve cap from the 2 tabs and remove the PVC valve. To install, reverse the removal procedure. Are you sure you need to replace the PVC valve now?

GaryG

Last edited by GaryG; 05-17-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by GaryG
You're not going to like this but the workshop manual says for removal and installation of the PVC valve you must remove the intake manifold. Disengage the positive ventilation (PVC) valve cap from the 2 tabs and remove the PVC valve. To install, reverse the removal procedure. Are you sure you need to replace the PVC valve now?

GaryG
Gary, my AWD FEH is just shy of 115k miles. Still runs like a champ and gets 30+mpg around town. The owners manual says replace at 100k, so I figure its due. I always do my oil changes every 3-5k with ford synthetic blend 5w20. I put in new plugs, serpentine belt, all filters, etc. Last maintenence item is the PCV and I will not rest until it's installed.... lol

I used to work at autozone part time on the weekends, so I got a great deal on one ($12).

Thanks for the information BTW. Looks like I have my saturday morning cut out for me

Old 05-18-2009, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by GreenMachine06
Gary, my AWD FEH is just shy of 115k miles. Still runs like a champ and gets 30+mpg around town. The owners manual says replace at 100k, so I figure its due. I always do my oil changes every 3-5k with ford synthetic blend 5w20. I put in new plugs, serpentine belt, all filters, etc. Last maintenence item is the PCV and I will not rest until it's installed.... lol

I used to work at autozone part time on the weekends, so I got a great deal on one ($12).

Thanks for the information BTW. Looks like I have my saturday morning cut out for me
Grant, glad I could help but please post about your experience changing the PCV valve. Removing the intake manifold could be tricky so I'll monitor this thread for advice I see in the manual if you don't have one.

Good Luck!

GaryG

Old 04-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Enthusiast

Has anyone changed their pvc valve?. I'm at the 100,000Km with my 2005 escape. Maybe this is a job best left to Ford techs... I can't even see the valve.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:14 PM
Enthusiast

Maybe this could help

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
pcv valve.pdf (196.6 KB, 1616 views)
EGR valve.pdf (341.9 KB, 905 views)
Vent Oil Sep.pdf (185.3 KB, 668 views)
Old 04-15-2010, 04:46 PM
Enthusiast

Thank you Yves. I was just under the hood a few minutes ago. What a silly place to put that pvc valve. Honestly, you cant see it. Taking the intake manifold might be a job for the professionals. Looks pretty intimidating.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Enthusiast

seems quite some work

maybe it is the PCV Hose that you can change see part 15 of the intake air manifold

Attached Files
air intake manifold.pdf (315.8 KB, 1257 views)

Last edited by Quebec; 04-15-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG

GaryG
I'm still trying to figure this pvc valve removal without removing the intake manifold. I can get a hold of the clamp on the pvc hose with a long needle nose pliers, but I'm not sure how the clip on the bottom of the pvc is removed so that I can remove the valve?. Maybe it pulls straight out?. Any ideal on this type of clip, once I find a picture I'll post it

Last edited by peelman; 04-17-2010 at 02:47 PM.

Quick Reply: PCV valve location on FEH?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands