PCV valve location on FEH?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Default Re: PCV valve location on FEH?

Originally Posted by peelman
I'm still trying to figure this pvc valve removal without removing the intake manifold. I can get a hold of the clamp on the pvc hose with a long needle nose pliers, but I'm not sure how the clip on the bottom of the pvc is removed so that I can remove the valve?. Maybe it pulls straight out?. Any ideal on this type of clip, once I find a picture I'll post it
I looked at the diagram again and I see no clips except for the hose clamp. Most PVC valves I've ever seen just pull OFF and push ON. I see no part or number for any clips so try to pull on the valve and see if it pops OFF easy.

GaryG

Old 04-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Enthusiast

There is an image

Attached Files
File Type: doc
PCV.doc (49.0 KB, 2003 views)
Old 04-18-2010, 04:27 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks Yves. My 2005 has the pvc valve mounted in the oil seperator sitting upright. I believe your doc is for a 2010( you mentioned this before). You think Ford might have moved the valve to a better location... GaryG mentioned that on the diagram that there's no retainer clip, but on fordparts.com it does show a clip. I hope for my sake Gary is right lol.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by peelman
GaryG mentioned that on the diagram that there's no retainer clip, but on fordparts.com it does show a clip. I hope for my sake Gary is right lol.
Looked on Fordparts.com myself and still don't see a PCV clip for my VIN # on my '05 FEH or in the '05 workshop manual. All I see is those hose clamps and the PVC valve looks like the standard PVC valve with no clips.

GaryG

Old 04-18-2010, 02:54 PM
Active Enthusiast

What kind of sick b-----d would design a system like that where you prectically take the engine apart in order to get to a simple little valve. Oh, the factory. Never mind. :>)

FWIW, I did 215 miles today on my trip from ATL to AL, and only used 5.3 gallons. I passed the 40MPG mark! Of course, I kept it right at the 2000 RPM mark (+/- a bit), per what GaryG recommended and did a lot of downhill coasting. I'm learning!

Bob
06FEH
Fayetteville, GA/Enterprise, AL

Old 04-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Looked on Fordparts.com myself and still don't see a PCV clip for my VIN # on my '05 FEH or in the '05 workshop manual. All I see is those hose clamps and the PVC valve looks like the standard PVC valve with no clips.

GaryG
Hi Gary, the part looks like a horseshoe. Part # 6A892A @ ford-parts.com. I have a picture, but I cant upload a bmp file. I'm going to buy a pair of those 20deg long needle nose pliers and give it a go. I'll post my findings.

Old 04-20-2010, 04:43 PM
Enthusiast

Okay I gave the pvc valve removal without removing the intake manifold. I used a very long set of needle nose pliers that are bent at a 45deg angle. There's another hose placed right over top( coolant I believe) blocking the access of the pvc hose clamp. Well the theory of having to remove the I/ manifold is unfortunately correct (DAM IT!!). I can change the plugs, fuel filter, a/t fluid, coolant change, but not a silly pvc valve. That will be a dealer item for me. That stinks!. Thanks for the help though.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Enthusiast

Did anyone notice a huge difference in performance whether it's sounds,fuel economy,power etc, when you changed out the pcv valve...I have 155,000 on my 06' FWD and 159,000 miles on my 05 AWD Hybrid.

what did the dealer charge u all to get this type of work done?

Old 02-17-2018, 08:46 AM
Active Enthusiast

There is another thread on this topic that includes a really well done video guide for the PCV valve replacement:
https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f...008-feh-30332/

A couple of notes after having done this job...

The retainer cap that holds the PCV valve is tricky to remove without breaking it but I found a method that worked well. If you simply grip it with some regular pliers (go easy) and rotate it so that the keepers are rotated away from their slots, it will expand a bit and release easily. Reinstallation (after replacing the o-ring seal that is at the bottom of the hole) is a little tricky but if you just line up the slots with the keepers and push it back on there until it catches, it will hold.

Another thing that helps is to pull the radiator retainer brackets on top of the core support. This allows the radiator and fans to move forward some so that you can get your hand in between the intake and the fan assembly (very tight fit!). It only gives you about a 1/2" of extra room but it really helps for that lower center bolt and snaking your socket extension in there. Use a mirror so you can see the bolt under there while you try to get the socket on the bolt head. It only took me about an hour and half (DOH!) to figure that one out... Jeez what a bugger of a design! I'm kind of kicking myself for not taking the time to make a video for those trying to do this job. The one that is posted on the link above is not for the FEH but it is the same engine and it's very close.

Last edited by corski67; 02-17-2018 at 08:52 AM.