Planet Green TV... chevy commercial

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 08:08 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Unhappy Planet Green TV... chevy commercial

So I was channel surfing and came accross Discovey Channels newly renamed channel Planet Green. http://planetgreen.discovery.com/
What caught my attention was they were talking about the new Chevy Tahoe hybrid (and Silverado E85).
As much as I despise Chevy's, I'm definatly a Blue Oval man, there was a pretty good 1/2 hr show on, or should I say Chevy commercial. They ran them through an off road course, I really wanted to see someone take an Escape on it!, did a drag race, tractor pull & wet road solmon(?) course.
It was pretty impressive. The Tahoe in speed test's was only like 1 sec or less slower than the Silverado (can you say added weight of an SUV vs an empty bed of a truck?) The tahoe actualy out pulled (in speed) the Tahoe in a dirt tractor pull (truck had slippage, again empty bed).

Overall very informative, hope Ford's watching, and has an answer! I'll never buy a Chevy, even to save gas.
They never mentioned EPA #'s (not while I watched anyway) but of couse Google knows all. The Hybrid Tahoe is rated at 21/22. I guess that's impressive #'s considering it's a full size SUV, it has a tow rating (can't recall, but 6,000 #'s maybe?), and my Expedition I believe is only rated at like 12/16 (makes the 14.x on the readout not that bad, but still not the 30's the Escape gets!)

Guess the more Hybrid info that get's out the better. Still can't belive how many people I have to tell, no I don't plug it in!!!