Please help. PCV hose tear 06 feh

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Please help. PCV hose tear 06 feh

I am new to the forum, I tried searching for this with not much success. I own a 06 feh and I have a tear in my pcv hose. What could have caused this? And how do I change it?

Old 07-09-2016, 09:32 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Please help. PCV hose tear 06 feh

Did you replace the hose? How did it go? I will be tackling mine in a few days and it looks very difficult. Everything I am reading indicates that the intake manifold has to be removed. Some really stupid engineering for a maintenance item like a PCV valve and hose.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:10 AM
Enthusiast

Yes I did replace it and it took a lot of work for such a simple piece. I did have to remove the manifold, and at least some radiator components. Honestly I don't remember too much about it now that its been so long since.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:04 AM
Enthusiast

Can I ask a few questions that might bring back memories? Did you have to remove the fuel rail? Some have worked part of it from under the car while others have said they unbolted the motor mount and jacked the engine up and did everything from the top. Do you remember how you did it? Was it worth loosening up radiator components to get more room? I will have the parts in a few days and hoping to have an action plan ready to go. The dealer wanted over $700 to do the job. They claimed it needed $300 in parts. The only parts I could identify were PCV valve, hose and intake manifold gaskets. Maybe $50 total. There is a cap that holds the PCV valve in place that seems to be tricky to remove. Do you remember how that went? Thanks for your help, I will try to pay it back to others on the forum. Here is an excellent video that follows the entire procedure.