Poll: If no bailout and Ford files Ch 11, would you still buy from them?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Poll: If no bailout and Ford files Ch 11, would you still buy from them?

Originally Posted by Red
I don't think there is any chance that Ford will go under. They began preparing for a downturn several years ago and have reduced cost and have the cash reserves to weather the storm.

Two years from now you will be saying that you wish you had bought a truck load (F-150 style) of Ford stock when it was under $3 a share.

Ford also has new products that will recapture market share - 2010 Fusion/Milan, Mustang and Taurus right on the heels of the new F-150, MKS, etc.
Red,

When you mentioned the F-150 in your post, you made me think about a true story...

One of my wife's co-workers went into one of our local Ford Dealerships to purchase a new F-150. Between the cash incentives and Factory rebates, he ended up with a new Focus as a bonus. He just had to pay the taxes and tags on the Focus. I guess that is one way to move inventory.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:52 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Poll: If no bailout and Ford files Ch 11, would you still buy from them?

Ch 11 means protection from creditors, restructuring payment terms and debt. It is specifically and conservatively structured to provide an avenue for survival and usually extends year(s). Sure, I'd buy...