Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Questions about Ordering 2009 FEH (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/questions-about-ordering-2009-feh-19262/)

JayT 07-27-2008 08:33 PM

Questions about Ordering 2009 FEH

Hi all--

I have been lurking in the background the past nine months gathering information to be an informed FEH buyer, now I need the assistance of the GH FEH/MMH braintrust.

I have discussed ordering a 2009 FWD FEH with my local Ford Dealer in rural Ohio, but he has only ordered a FEH once previously, and does not have an allocation for Hybrid Escapes. Now I have three questions: 1) if I do not plan on hypermiling, is the Nav system worth the additional $2000? 2) is the Nav system GPS, or is it by disc only? 3) should I find a dealer with a hybrid allocation? My dealer said he has an allocation for Escapes, and feels he can use this allocation to order a hybrid.

Thank you for your past/ future assistance.

Jim

way2muchkc4u 07-27-2008 09:03 PM

Re: Questions about Ordering 2009 FEH

Originally Posted by JayT (Post 182507)
Hi all--...... 1) if I do not plan on hypermiling, is the Nav system worth the additional $2000? :shade: That's really up to you....I found the better audio syst. to be worth mention:D as far as i know it's part of the nav package.:angel: 2) is the Nav system GPS, or is it by disc only? In the '09 it's loaded into the Harddrive (no DVD) that comes with the nav and sync. AND sync fixes the "I can't Nav while i drive" problem in older models. 3) should I find a dealer with a hybrid allocation? might help but I'm not good at this part of the ?..:) My dealer said he has an allocation for Escapes, and feels he can use this allocation to order a hybrid.

Thank you for your past/ future assistance.

Jim

Let us know how it goes...