Rearview camera systems

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Rearview camera systems

Has anyone installed a wireless rearview camera system in their FEH? I noticed that I have a much harder time determining how far I am from another vehicle when backing up than I used to in a car.
Looking for any recommendations on a good system for $100 or less. Then I have to figure out where to mount the monitor... Already have a dashful with my GPS and Scangauge.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:30 AM
Second Hand Cars
Default Re: Rearview camera systems

made-in-china.com is the huge portal of automotive parts & accessories. You can find latest range of Back-up Cameras & Water Resistant rear view Cameras.

For more details Latest Gadgets necessary for your Car go-through this article @ usedrvs-motorhomes.com

Last edited by pintuhs; 01-09-2013 at 01:34 AM. Reason: spell
Old 01-09-2013, 10:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by us035976
Has anyone installed a wireless rearview camera system in their FEH? I noticed that I have a much harder time determining how far I am from another vehicle when backing up than I used to in a car.
Looking for any recommendations on a good system for $100 or less. Then I have to figure out where to mount the monitor... Already have a dashful with my GPS and Scangauge.
Mine came with the rear sensors, which "beep". They are invaluable. Those are also available cheaply as an alternative.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by stevedebi
Mine came with the rear sensors, which "beep". They are invaluable. Those are also available cheaply as an alternative.

You get spoiled with them, too. I have to remember my other vehicles are not so equipped.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:03 AM
Active Enthusiast

I checked those out and decided to go with the ultrasonic sensor setup. I ordered one, we'll see how that works.
Thanks for the tip.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by GatorJ
You get spoiled with them, too. I have to remember my other vehicles are not so equipped.
My wife had me install it on her 2002 Civic - she liked it so much from my FEH!

Actually, when I was shopping back in 2008, I really wanted a blue MMH. But the one I own was the only one out of 40 on the lot with the backup sensors - so that is the one I bought.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:11 AM

Backup camera location:
Name:  backupcameraLargee-mailview.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  109.0 KB
comes thru the double din headunit:
Name:  FEHkenwoodbackupcamera.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  145.6 KB
No it is not wireless.

Old 04-25-2014, 09:50 AM
TBH
Enthusiast

Are you saying that you were able to hook this aftermarket camera to the existing NAV system? I'd like to do that.

Old 04-25-2014, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by TBH
Are you saying that you were able to hook this aftermarket camera to the existing NAV system? I'd like to do that.
Not to the factory system if that's what you're asking.

Old 04-25-2014, 11:33 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Mine has them also. They work much better than I expected, "seeing" things low like curbs, and things off at an angle while you may be backing up and turning at the same time. You immediately learn what distance the tone timing means, and you can use it to back within inches of obstacles. I have never backed into anything using it, and my parallel parking etc. is far more accurate.

Just beware of "front end swing".

I recently drove an Aucra RDX with a rear-view camera. As I wasn't used to it, I backed into something. It turns out you have to learn that the view on the screen is distorted and doesn't convey actual distances.

Worse, your eyes are busy looking at the screen and can't do anything else at the same time. With an audio/sensor system, you can be looking around while at the same time using your ears to listen to the tones to gauge distance. Such as when backing into a parking spot, you may want to be looking to see if you're straight and the front end is lined up, while listening for rear clearance. In this respect, the sensor/audio system is much better than the camera.

Quick Reply: Rearview camera systems

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands