Reattaching bumper cover

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:50 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Reattaching bumper cover

Seeing as it has been snowing here for the last 2 days (we've got over a foot of snow), I had an unfortunate incident in our company parking lot yesterday and slid sideways into the rear bumper of a co-workers car. I had my front wheels locked up trying to stop, let my foot of the brake to regain traction but it was already too late and the front driver side bumper impacted her rear bumper at slow speed. No real damage to her vehicle but my front driver side bumper cover is scratched to hell and has partially detached from the body.

Does anyone know how to reattach these?

Old 11-19-2012, 07:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Reattaching bumper cover

Originally Posted by wbonville
Seeing as it has been snowing here for the last 2 days (we've got over a foot of snow), I had an unfortunate incident in our company parking lot yesterday and slid sideways into the rear bumper of a co-workers car. I had my front wheels locked up trying to stop, let my foot of the brake to regain traction but it was already too late and the front driver side bumper impacted her rear bumper at slow speed. No real damage to her vehicle but my front driver side bumper cover is scratched to hell and has partially detached from the body.

Does anyone know how to reattach these?
If its like my '06, its probably held in place mostly by plastic rivets and clips. You just have to get underneath and poke around. You probably just snapped them off. I ended up just finding some universal ones at Pep Boys. Its possible that the fiberglass snapped at a few mounting points too, but you can't tell until you get under there and look.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:42 AM
Feral Engineer
Default Re: Reattaching bumper cover

Collision shops can do plastic welding, so consider that before you buy a new one.