regen system disabled???

  #1  
Old 02-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 600
Default regen system disabled???

Twice now while I have been driving at highway speed the truck has made a beep & then the message center claimed the "regen system was disabled". It still appeared to be working however, both the charge/assist meter & the hybrid/NAV screens showed that current was flowing back to the HV battery.

Both times, shutting off & restarting the vehicle has fixed the problem for a considerable length of time. Has anyone else had this problem???

~John
 
  #2  
Old 02-27-2007, 02:19 PM
BadFrog's Avatar
Rabid Offroad Enthusiast
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fenton, Michigan
Posts: 35
Default Re: regen system disabled???

Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Twice now while I have been driving at highway speed the truck has made a beep & then the message center claimed the "regen system was disabled". It still appeared to be working however, both the charge/assist meter & the hybrid/NAV screens showed that current was flowing back to the HV battery.
I have not had this problem. However, your Regen System actually may have been disabled. Note that the generator can put charge into the battery that is not driven from "regen". This could account for the current flowing into the battery. The ICE can drive the generator, or the wheels can drive the motor to produce Brake Regen, both of which will end up showing on the displays.

I would recommend that you have your vehicle scanned to see if any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC'S) have been set, to help identify the source of the problem (one occurance is an anomaly, twice is something to be concerned about).
 

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 02-27-2007 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Pravus Prime's Avatar
Prof. of Hybridology
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,069
Default Re: regen system disabled???

Originally Posted by BadFrog View Post
I would recommend that you have your vehicle scanned to see if any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC'S) have been set, to help identify the source of the problem (one occurance is an anomaly, twice is something to be concerned about).
This is good advice, you should take your vehicle in for checking if possible.
 
  #4  
Old 02-28-2007, 05:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 600
Default Re: regen system disabled???

Originally Posted by BadFrog View Post

I would recommend that you have your vehicle scanned to see if any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC'S) have been set
There are no codes stored, that was the first thing I checked but I forgot to list that in my post.

~John
 
  #5  
Old 02-28-2007, 07:01 AM
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Jupiter, FL
Posts: 2,468
Default Re: regen system disabled???

Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
There are no codes stored, that was the first thing I checked but I forgot to list that in my post.

~John
John, did the dealership check the Transaxle Control Module (TCM) for codes? The OBD 11 may not leave a code in the PCM once the light goes out because it's stored in the TCM. After 40 restarts, the TCM will clear the code if the problem doesn't come back. Your SG cannot read these codes either BTW.

There are so many reasons you could get such a message and it might take an ace Ford Hybrid Tech to locate your problem.

Good Luck!

GaryG
 
Related Topics
Thread
Topic Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Lone Ranger
Ford Escape Hybrid
10
09-14-2010 07:17 PM
ranger01
Ford Escape Hybrid
15
12-22-2008 05:26 AM
jmorton10
Ford Escape Hybrid
7
08-04-2007 04:00 PM
Hot_Georgia_2004
Anything Goes
36
05-03-2005 02:07 PM
Jason
Our Announcements
2
12-16-2004 07:39 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: regen system disabled???


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.