regen system disabled???

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default regen system disabled???

Twice now while I have been driving at highway speed the truck has made a beep & then the message center claimed the "regen system was disabled". It still appeared to be working however, both the charge/assist meter & the hybrid/NAV screens showed that current was flowing back to the HV battery.

Both times, shutting off & restarting the vehicle has fixed the problem for a considerable length of time. Has anyone else had this problem???

~John

Old 02-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Rabid Offroad Enthusiast
Default Re: regen system disabled???

Originally Posted by jmorton10
Twice now while I have been driving at highway speed the truck has made a beep & then the message center claimed the "regen system was disabled". It still appeared to be working however, both the charge/assist meter & the hybrid/NAV screens showed that current was flowing back to the HV battery.
I have not had this problem. However, your Regen System actually may have been disabled. Note that the generator can put charge into the battery that is not driven from "regen". This could account for the current flowing into the battery. The ICE can drive the generator, or the wheels can drive the motor to produce Brake Regen, both of which will end up showing on the displays.

I would recommend that you have your vehicle scanned to see if any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC'S) have been set, to help identify the source of the problem (one occurance is an anomaly, twice is something to be concerned about).

Last edited by Pravus Prime; 02-27-2007 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Originally Posted by BadFrog
I would recommend that you have your vehicle scanned to see if any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC'S) have been set, to help identify the source of the problem (one occurance is an anomaly, twice is something to be concerned about).
This is good advice, you should take your vehicle in for checking if possible.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:09 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BadFrog

I would recommend that you have your vehicle scanned to see if any Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC'S) have been set
There are no codes stored, that was the first thing I checked but I forgot to list that in my post.

~John

Old 02-28-2007, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by jmorton10
There are no codes stored, that was the first thing I checked but I forgot to list that in my post.

~John
John, did the dealership check the Transaxle Control Module (TCM) for codes? The OBD 11 may not leave a code in the PCM once the light goes out because it's stored in the TCM. After 40 restarts, the TCM will clear the code if the problem doesn't come back. Your SG cannot read these codes either BTW.

There are so many reasons you could get such a message and it might take an ace Ford Hybrid Tech to locate your problem.

Good Luck!

GaryG