Replaced 2007 Nav, how to reset to get car information

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 03:15 AM
Enthusiast
Default Replaced 2007 Nav, how to reset to get car information

Got a replacement navigation radio. How do I get it to display the engine information? And is there any updated map cds?

Old 02-09-2019, 08:11 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Replaced 2007 Nav, how to reset to get car information

It seems like almost anyone over the years who had attempted to replace OEM Ford navigation systems with another Ford unit has ended up frustrated, but there could have been some success stories!
I think Ford only sold one set of navigation CD map updates around 2008, and then moved on to other technology. Not sure if you'd still want to navigate with 11+ year old maps.

Old 02-16-2019, 04:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Ignore the other response, I think he misunderstood your question.

When I had my '06, the head unit was replaced a half dozen times as there were two areas in town that would cause the system to reboot every time if I was actively navigating or even had a CD in the unit. BTW, they flew in Ford engineers who could replicate the issue 100% of the time, but never found a fix. Even with all those replacements, there was NEVER an issue with the hybrid information side of the unit.

I would first try disconnecting the negative terminal from the 12 volt battery to see if that clears any electrical gremlins.
If that doesn't work, try removing the head unit and disconnecting/reconnecting every connector. (You can get the Ford stereo removal tools in the car audio section of Walmart for a few dollars.) I think your problem is electrical, it's simply not getting the information to display.
If that doesn't work, try tracing wiring to ensure they are intact.
If that doesn't work, see if you can get a known good head unit and try that to see if the problem is with your unit itself. There should not be any new programming required for a properly functioning unit to display hybrid information.

The latest version of the Ford navigation CDs is "4V." While it is true they are over 10 years old, I was using them without significant issue until my FEH was totaled in August of last year. In the Tampa Bay area, the majority of road construction was widening existing roads, not building new ones. There were a couple of places where exits and the like were reconfigured, but not to the extent it caused any real problems.

Old 02-16-2019, 06:27 PM
Enthusiast

EXTREME WARNING! You may screw your system up if you select something wrong. What that may be, I don't know.

IIRC, you set one of the radio options to "Hybrid" (to see the Engine Screen) in one of the Development menu screens.

See this link for the instructions to the Developers menu up to at least 2007 models. Hidden Menu Access

This YouTube video is for a 2008 and may be the same sequence.

Again, EXTREME WARNING! You may screw your system up if you select something wrong. What that may be, I don't know.

================================================== ================================================== ===========
UPDATE: See this thread No HEV Display and check the "Diagnostic" Setup on Post #15. That's what I was trying to remember
Also in this thread is the mention that the actual DVD for Nav may have to be one for a Hybrid...

Last edited by LonnieU; 02-16-2019 at 06:44 PM.