replacing factory nav radio with after market radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 06:10 PM
Active Enthusiast
Question replacing factory nav radio with after market radio

i have a 2005 feh w/ factory nav,has anybody ever changed the factory radio w/ nav for a aftermarket radio according to crutchfeild it will not fit, according to a local stereo installer near me the nav radio is bigger than the factory radio w/o nav i don't beleive it.
i want to install a pioneer dvd/radio in my feh i will know tommorow if the stereo shop is right i have my moms feh with the factory radio w/o nav i will try to see if the dimesions are the same i will try to install my radio in her feh. let me know if you have had any luck installing a aftermarket radio in place of you feh w/nav please.

Old 07-20-2011, 06:51 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: replacing factory nav radio with after market radio

A double din aftermarket radio/navigational system will fit. You just need to trim a very small portion of the dash. I have a Kenwood DNX7100 unit in my 05 vehicle.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Active Enthusiast

thanks for the reply billy! i saw your reply to an earlier post with the pic of the radio mounted in dash looks good mounted. i saw that after i posted this thread i guess i should look before i post a thread.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

just was wondering bill did you have the factory nav in your 05 and if so which wires where not needed!

Old 07-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cowboy
just was wondering bill did you have the factory nav in your 05 and if so which wires where not needed!
I did not have the factory navigational system--I had the Mach 7 speaker/subwoofer system. You are going to need to replace the speakers to also improve the sound but speakers can be found fairly cheap and are a DIY job.