Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Road Noise (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/road-noise-6853/)

cburnap 04-16-2006 06:02 PM

Road Noise

I test drove the FEH, and really like it. One thing that I noticed was a lot of road noise. Has anyone tried anything to dampen the noise? I have read about a product called quietcar. It is a high-tech polymer that you paint on underneath the car. Any reviews? or any other ideas?
Thanks

bigsweeps 04-17-2006 11:58 AM

Re: Road Noise

I must admit - that is one thing that has really grated on my nerves over time. It's probably the noisiest vehicle I've ever owned. I couldn't find anything that would make a big enough difference - so I just cranked up the stereo most of the time. But I'm glad I'll be handing mine back tomorrow.....it will be nice to have a quiet vehicle that I can relax in.

GeekGal 04-18-2006 03:58 AM

Can't say I've experienced the same, except perhaps in wet weather. In wet weather, it's so loud I thought I had a window/door ajar, but I chalked the noise up to the FEH being a SUV -- I figured they all do/sound like that. Guess not?

The FEH is quieter/more soundproofed than my '92 Toyota Corolla and on par with my husband's Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (but he has moderate 4x4 treaded tires -- nothing like mud terrain, but definitely more aggressive than stock, and thus a little noisier.)

nightracerx 04-29-2006 11:44 PM

Road noise is mainly from those door seals and window seals. So those under coating are all BS.

My neighbor, he fixed the wind noise issue by buying those home window seals from Home Depot and put it on all doors and the noise significantly decreased (Doors are a little hard to hard at times though). On the highway he can only hear the engine noise.