Ruh-Roh "Service Soon" and No Engine Power...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ruh-Roh "Service Soon" and No Engine Power...

Originally Posted by Billyk
Carl, I did hit the scan button but no trouble codes were revealed. I can't remember exactly what or how I did it, but remember being able to find a location where I could input the 22490B and then there was a variety of stuff like cml, abbreviations that I had no ideal what they meant and then the send button/command. Something was sent into the engine control portion of my vehicle and caused the regenerative braking to go out and loss of power. Thank goodness I remember reading some thread in here that stated to cut the engine. Wait something like 10 seconds and try starting it again. I haven't had a problem since.
Sending the 22490B CMND will not cause any problems. You are just requesting information from the TCM. Any problems afterward are just coincidence.

With my beta ScanGauge firmware, I am sending that and many other commands constantly with no problems.

Last edited by DesertDog; 08-31-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-01-2007, 03:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

My 2005 did the same thing, got on freeway, no acceleration, wrench light came on, engine should have been on as i had the a/c on max and the car just got slower and slower. dealer found a bad electronic throttle body and they replace the small 12v battery too. havent had anyproblems since. I figure maybe the throttle body was telling the computer that i wasnt going fast enough for the ice so it shut off and we were running on just the electric till the battery went dead. A/c may have been on econo mode, cant remember. but i did not get any codes, neither did the dealer, he had to drive it for a couple days till it did it on him. hope this helps

Old 10-06-2007, 06:24 AM
HEV's are your friend

This has happened a few other times since the last post...and I was hoping it was in relation to the service bulletian, however I have yet to recieve a card in the mail...

Old 10-06-2007, 01:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

I think the mismatch of throttle and engine power is one key input. My 08 had a foreign object (rubber plug) from the factory that jammed the throttle plate partially closed. The wrench light came on and it seemed to default to about 50 mph max.