Satellite radio - do you like it?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Enthusiast
Question Satellite radio - do you like it?

Our 06 Escape Hybrid came with the satellite capable radio, but it wasn't something we were looking for. Does anyone here use it? What's involved in setting it up? What are the positives and negatives of it? Thanks.

Old 09-30-2005, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Satellite radio - do you like it?

My FEH didn't come with satellite radio, but we went and got XM Radio separately and LOVE IT. If you listen to a lot of music, want to hear sports from outside your area, or even get traffic info as you drive, I'd totally recommend it.

We never even use our CD changer anymore.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:40 PM
Crazy Hybrid Enthusiast

Love it, I have Sirius... Its installed directly to my touch dash... Would not know what to do w/o it... Don't listen to CD's anymore and 6 hour trips float by. If you get it make sure its installed and not a Plug and Play... They don't work well especially in a large city.

- Jason

Old 09-30-2005, 09:26 PM
Enthusiast

I have Sirius in my FEH as well. After-market unit. Love IT! FM is a thing of the past....commercial free music without obnoxious DJ's for a couple bucks a month.

In the past, I would only use my iPod but then I would never know about any of the new music and I would get sick of mine....so this is a perfect solution. Definetly well worth it.

Old 10-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Hi Robert_Detjen:

___I have a different take on XM/Sirius … I enjoyed the Accord’s XM - 3 month free trial but at the cost of between $6.95 - $9.95 per month, I let it expire. I usually listen to NPR on a local FM and there is a local FM - CNN radio station I pick up for the last ½ of my daily commute as well. I just felt that the monthly charge was not in my best interest is all …

___If you are a sports fan, you cannot beat the multitude of baseball as there was a specific team game on a specific channel whenever that particular team was playing live. Being a Cub’s fan has left me a bit discouraged these few years (past 50 + and I am not even 50 + years old ) and listening to the Cub’s is as quick as changing to AM.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Waynegerdes@earthlink.net

Old 10-01-2005, 01:12 PM
Enthusiast

I have had XM for two years now and can't imagine life without it. I use the cassette car kit as the installed version wasn't an option in the Prius I bought. When I am not in the car, the XM unit is docked in my living room stereo system. As a news junkie, I listen to CNN/MSNBC/CSPAN etc whenever I want. I drive out of state all the time but I can always listen to my favorite baseball team as well. For me, it is well worth the investment. I can't remember the last time I listened to AM/FM or a CD.

Old 10-01-2005, 01:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

We got XM with the HAH. Love it. Love it so much, the wife wanted me to get XM installed in her Escape! We got her a Roady2 for $49. My trial period is still going in the HAH. When it expires, I'm renewing for three years so that it'll come out to $9.99/mo. The XM in my wife's Escape is $6.99/mo due to the family plan.

XM isn't a necessity, but I'd rather have satellite radio than cable TV. So, it just comes down to what it's worth to you.